Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Ken,

No problem at all. $55/pair and I have PM you with my Paypal info.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Mike

In reply to # 3543174 by kdowensjr Hey Mike, Would you make me a pair of these filler pieces for my MG 1500? What would they cost? Thanks, Ken.

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Pb1500 Peter Mann
Carrickfergus, N.ireland, UK   GBR
Hi I'm interested in buying some filler pieces for a 1500 midget. Peter

bustedwheel Avatar
bustedwheel Jeff M
Manchester, USA   USA
Wondering if these would work on a B as opposed to a midget. Not sure if the dimensions are roughly the same, or at least close enough to blend it out a little more. Have you had anyone ask? I looked through the thread but didn't see anyone.
Thanks,
jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Jeff,

No one has asked me about this. I do not have B to get the dimension though.

Mike

In reply to # 3637066 by bustedwheel Wondering if these would work on a B as opposed to a midget. Not sure if the dimensions are roughly the same, or at least close enough to blend it out a little more. Have you had anyone ask? I looked through the thread but didn't see anyone.
Thanks,
jeff

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

modowd66 Michael O'Dowd
Tralee, Kerry, Ireland   IRL
Hello,

Just a comment about Mike and these bits he is making. They are awesome.

Also really pleased with the <'70 NOS bezels from Ben at British Auto. I dd business with his now diseased father in law when I lived in the States. He had the NOS bezels, second hand bases, and lenses for me. The chrome is brilliant compared to afters...

Chuffed with all the bits I received last week.

Photos when shop is finished and car has been stripped.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments:
100_0618.JPG    19.9 KB
100_0618.JPG

KAVogel Kenneth Vogel
Washington, Washington, DC, USA   USA
Hi Mike,
How have these worked out? My 1978 1500 is about to get a re-spray. I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep or lose the rubber bumpers.
Currently the bumpers are painted the body colour and in my opinion look great, but I'm always open to other options.
Thanks.
Ken

modowd66 Michael O'Dowd
Tralee, Kerry, Ireland   IRL
Hello Ken,

I am a long way from fitting them, too many jobs in front of that car.

The profile looks perfect will be simple to install. And the price is right for how much work they will save.

BR,

Attachments:
100_0621.JPG    34.7 KB
100_0621.JPG

Lashertron Andrew Lashley
Weeting, Norfolk, UK   GBR
Hello Mike,

I fitted these during a restoration of my 1500, they worked out really, really well...

At the bottom of the below link is some pictures of the initial fitting,

http://lashmidget.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/dug-stuff-out-of-back-of-garage-and.html

Some more here:

https://lashmidget.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/hitting-midget-with-sledge-hammer.html?view=snapshot

I attach some pictures of the shell coming back from re-spray,

Full blog here:

lashmidget.blogspot.com

I think it looks great without the bumpers.... well worth the effort.

Attachments:
WP_20160924_16_19_26_Pro.jpg    56.2 KB
WP_20160924_16_19_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_17_56_59_Pro.jpg    50.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Gordonitis Avatar
Gordonitis Jim Gordon
Valley Springs, CA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget "POS"
I’m in for a pair. I have the engine out for rebuilt at the moment so I’m going to have to wait until that’s finished but I want a pair. They look great.

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3714683 by Gordonitis I’m in for a pair. I have the engine out for rebuilt at the moment so I’m going to have to wait until that’s finished but I want a pair. They look great.

Jim,
send me a PM once you are ready and we can go from there.

thanks,
Mike

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

ntorch Avatar
ntorch n torch
Blandon, PA, USA   USA
Question--

Just curious------How would these look without body work to blend into the sides? If they are spray painted body color and installed, would it be possible to perhaps run some kind of a bead of body filler or painted plastic caulk along the edges? I've seen pics of guys just covering up the area with the chrome bumper without the filler pieces and it looks ok except the bumper is higher than stock. Considering if you use a bumper, I wonder how noticeable this would be if you really don't want to go the body work route?

1976 MG Midget--Original Tundra Green

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster