Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Chuck,

Rotational molding requires equipment i.e machince to turn the mold, oven where the mold being contact ly turn so material can be melted and stick to the mold itseft. The part from rotational molding has consistent wall thickness and quite nice. In addition, you can control the thickness of the part in a certain area meaning that if you prevent heat to a certain area of the mold, you will not get material to that area. In addtional, the cycle time for each part is very long. Unless you have great demand for this part, it does not make sense for rotational molding on this piece. It might make more sense just to do plastic injection for it.

Thanks,
Mike

In reply to # 3286916 by thefixerdude Mike,

Have you thought about using "Rotational Molding" to make these? ( DIY plans here http://solsylva.com/cnc/rotomolder.shtml )
It is a great way to make hollow parts. To mold gets rotated in multiple directions to ensure complete coverage.

You would need a top plate to enclose the mold and it could have holes that you could use for your mounting bolts. Just drill holes in the flat metal, drop the bolts through and use washers for spacers and bolt it through the top plate. The washers will allow you to get resin between the metal bracket and your mold.

Use some release agent, put some resin in the mold, bolt it up, put it in your "rotomolder", and after a short time pop out your finished part.

The mold doesn't need to be metal and you could probably make one that would do two sets at a time. (if you needed to meet a higher demand)

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3287021 by Motomorrelli Mike,
I got my pieces today. Very nice work, well worth the money. Thank you

Hi Chris,

I don't believe you ever mention which color your car will be? any hint?

Mike

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Motomorrelli Avatar
Motomorrelli Chris Morrell
Daytona Beach, FL, USA   USA
I'm thinking a satin silver metallic with possibly a carbon fiber wrapped Hood or black stripes, most likely strike snow due to being more period Correct.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
stoppy3 Avatar
stoppy3 craig stolpestad
Monticello, MN, USA   USA
1970 MG Midget 1500
1976 MG Midget MkIV "Slasher"
I will take a pair Mike. Let me know how you want to handle payment
craig stolpestad
1603 west river street
monticello, mn 55362
763-222-7737
stoppy3@gmail.com

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Hi Craig,

Thanks for your interest, check you inbox for payment info.

Thanks,
Mike

In reply to # 3289050 by stoppy3 I will take a pair Mike. Let me know how you want to handle payment
craig stolpestad
1603 west river street
monticello, mn 55362
763-222-7737
stoppy3@gmail.com

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Motomorrelli Avatar
Epoxied mine on a week or so ago, just got a chance to sling on some resin & chop matt. Step 1&2. Perhaps tonight I'll get a chance to knock it down and blend it all in with the bondo. All in all very nice item you have provided us with Mike

Attachments:
IMG_20160626_111121.jpg    33.7 KB
IMG_20160626_111121.jpg

Spidey Ed Webster
Canvey, Essex, UK   GBR
Hi. Very interested in a pair. What would the cost be for postage to the Uk please?
Thank you
Regards
Ed

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Hi Ed,

The total will be $85 delivered to your door in UK. Please check your inbox if you want to proceed.

Thanks,
Mike

In reply to # 3298075 by Spidey Hi. Very interested in a pair. What would the cost be for postage to the Uk please?
Thank you
Regards
Ed

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Chris,

it looks good. What are you going to do with the hole next to it?

Mike

In reply to # 3295923 by Motomorrelli Epoxied mine on a week or so ago, just got a chance to sling on some resin & chop matt. Step 1&2. Perhaps tonight I'll get a chance to knock it down and blend it all in with the bondo. All in all very nice item you have provided us with Mike

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Motomorrelli Avatar
Spark an arc, just finished a big job. Now I hope to get to the welder so I can begin all that behind me......no pun intended

Motomorrelli Avatar
Thank you Mike

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Wonder what that big job is... You are in racing, don't tell me you are signing a contract. smiling smiley

I just scored a MGB Roadster, bring her home today. Should be another fun project for me.

Mike

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Motomorrelli Avatar
A racing contract would be nice but No, that big job was a re-roof job on the in laws home. Big roof(40 square) 110° heat index and city people busting my balls.

Crystal RX 350 Avatar
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Seller back out the deal. So, I don't have that MGB. Seller is a member here in this forum.

Mike

In reply to # 3305095 by Crystal RX 350 Wonder what that big job is... You are in racing, don't tell me you are signing a contract. smiling smiley

I just scored a MGB Roadster, bring her home today. Should be another fun project for me.

Mike

75' MG Midget
78' MG Midget

Motomorrelli Avatar
That's a shame.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster