Its been a while, but today I took down the hardtop that i bought many years ago and started to clean it.
A while back I found out that my top is a Snug Top. http://www.mgnuts.com/hardtops/midget/
Snug Tops were manufactured by Custom Hard Tops in Long Beach, California.
As you can see, it needs some work...
I already have replacement top clamps from a conventional soft top frame. I was looking at the alignment and i think these should work. Has anyone tried this?
- I have decided to stay with black and a bright white inside.
- I can get Plexiglas locally....
- I'm looking for something to use as a rubber window seal.
- I'm planning to use a generic rubber seal on the connecting edges.
- I do not have rear mounts in my car. I have a half-baked idea of using hood pins (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/body/body_hoodpins_lg.jpg) & springs... or does anyone know where I can find the originals?
- Does anyone know what normally covers the access holes in the lower corners?
- I plan sand, use fiberglass specific paint semi-gloss, & clear coat
As always, your advice is welcome...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-31 01:06 PM by 77Midget.