AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Norbert Style (Nobby The Moggy"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
Yes I vaguely remember something about badgers and Aerating them in the said show, but you'll have to refresh my memory Brian.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Turning the soil with Torpex whilst reducing the dangers of bovine TB.

It was an episode from several years ago, of course.

Grin!

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Westminster, MD, USA   USA
In reply to # 3713115 by Colonel musturd 79 Paul, ...our 40+ year old Lilac bushes that I cut tto the ground to place a fence 3 years ago are now over 5ft tall and full of buds. I truly think Spring has arrived!

Thanks for the lilac tip, Mike...I have one of similar age that looks about shot, and I've been contemplating a do-or-die hack-to-the-ground on it for the past few years. You don't see that method advocated in the pruning books, lol.

Roadsters have not been out much (except the Z for a run up to Sarge's last week). Prognosticators are calling eighty degrees by the end of the week, so maybe we'll get out to the garage. First up, oil changes all around...

Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Oil leaking from your front, rear or both sump seals Mike?

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3713290 by Sarge101st Turning the soil with Torpex whilst reducing the dangers of bovine TB.

It was an episode from several years ago, of course.

Grin!

Thanks Brian,

I totally remember now. I believe that they pointed out that you get an increased yeild with a flint rich soil and that the ratio Torpex can be reduced by as much as 40% with the same bovine TB protection.

Thanks once again for your timely reminder Brian,
I will visit the local iron mongers tomorrow to pick up the this seasons pest control supplieswinking smiley

Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Yes, that's it.

Don't forget that, whilst ploughing, a bangelore torpedo makes the neatest furrow.

And now, a Thought For the Day:

hmmmm....

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Another great tip Brian,

But remember us Brits tend to have relatively small gardens. On that note, whilst I would love to implement your labour saving precision method, I fear taking out the neighbours prize winning begonia, may course an issue at the next resident's committee meeting.

Do keep up the tips as it is wonderful to hear of the progressive new world methods of horticulture.

Kind regards Johnny

Colonel musturd 79 Avatar
Colonel musturd 79 Michael McKinney
Winchester, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500 "Colonel Mustard"
1987 Pontiac Fiero "SILVER BULLET"
From the front of the engine, I have been battling this leak since I got the car here is what I have done . New ft crank seal Old one was dry and cracked, New oil slinger Old one missing, Built a pcv system, Weber conversion and emissions equipment was removed by PO.Replaced dip stick seal , Missing. Replaced engine old one was tired and due a rebuild so I bought a parts car with a rebuilt engine and swaped it to my car. Crap rebuild many things done wrong , Had same oil leak and locked up after 20 Miles. Rebuilt my old engine Still leaking ! Now here is what I found oil pan bridge gasket never installed and wood side wedges never installed on ether engine I am going to remove the oil pan and front engine plate to install these seal when weather permits

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Mike,
You certainly keep yourself busy.
Hope the Colonel is sorted to your satisfaction before your epic run .

All the best Johnny

Here are some pix I Took to day all of these were cut to the ground 3 years ago to make room for the fence.

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

Attachments:
005.JPG    97.9 KB
005.JPG

006.JPG    108.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
007.JPG    108.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Mike, at least you have buds and blooms going on. We are looking at another blizzard for the weekend. They say as much as 12" of snow through Sunday! Good thing the frig in da man cave is well stocked!

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
They look good, Mike...bounced back nicely. I took a look at my lilac bush today...it's started budding out for spring. What time of year did you do the down-to-the-ground pruning? I'm thinking spring-time, post budding might not be the best...

Paul

This time of year 3 years ago, the only draw back is they can take 3-5 years to bloom again .

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Okay, then. maybe I'll take a saw to them this weekend. Supposed to be eighty degrees here over the next two days...that should get things popping.

Sent off an order to Moss for new bushings for the steering rack on my brothers B - always a fun job. At least a valid excuse to drink beer in the garage.

Paul

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
And there was me thinking that going into the garage was excuse enough smiling smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 MG MGB MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links