Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
And more:

3874- Up on the ridge in the orchards
3875- Stouthearted lads, we press on regardless...
3876- Down the River Straight...
3877- ...and through the Quaker Valley Sweepers.
3878- Back in town headed to the workshop.

Pleasant day and a well-appreciated visit from my good mate.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_3874.JPG    50.8 KB
IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG    66.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_3876.JPG    59.4 KB
IMG_3877.JPG    55.3 KB
IMG_3878.JPG    42.3 KB
Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Beautiful Sarge! Was in PA last fall and it's a gorgeous state!
I get to get on the road tomorrow after a couple of minor fuel issues. Small town folks really turn their heads

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Westminster, MD, USA   USA
Damn, it was a beautiful day and Piddles and The Circuit were in fine form...almost worth the three straight weeks of rain (or whatever it was). Great fun Sarge, as always!

Took a huge risk and ordered a bacon, lettuce and tomato on wheat at The Bin (no pictures of my indiscretion)...good news is the roof did not fall in.

Spotted an overgrown Citroen 2CV shoved in the back of some guy's garden on the way up...may require a knock on the door next time through.

Is there a www.2cvexp.com forum?

Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sarge101st Avatar
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Oddly, there is a Trabbi experience forum but no 2CV. We could call it the "Duck Call". Grin!

I desperately love the silly things, and I have no idea why. Maybe because they represent the cheerful quirky side of France I adore, rather than the grumpy sniffy side that seemed to be better pleased without my presence. I have such very fond memories of the welcoming countryside culture, especially Normandy but indeed all across France, but the Parisian vibe not so much, I'm afraid.

So, maybe why a Duck is just so appealing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 08:47 PM by Sarge101st.

Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Thanks for your help and advice through my fuel issues Sarge! ( This guy is awesome).

Sarge101st Avatar
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Kurt, mate, you're very welcome. Lets see how well it behaves over a nice long drive before you get too lavish in your praises, though. Grin!

Sounds like you have a good head for this.

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3753190 by SapitoPR It's really an honor and a privilege. I humbly accept the award and job which will be discharged with great pride and enthusiasm!smiling bouncing smiley

Hope you are not disappointed with the salary Dr smiling smiley

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3753385 by Colonel musturd 79 One more wrinkle in the Tax Disc/Sticker Saga, In Virginia prior to the mid 70's the cars owner would be issued a metal tag or plate to attach to the registration plate this was issued by the local gov. body after that they stopped the metal tag/plate and issued a sticker that was attached to the windshield, and now the sticker is being stopped in many locals but you still have to pay the tax.

I'd like to see some examples of those Mike.

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3754661 by Bondkbond Thanks for your help and advice through my fuel issues Sarge! ( This guy is awesome).

Kurt,
I know I recommend him on the quiet to you,
But steady, you're going to make him unbearable!!!!

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Paul and Brian,

That first shot on your burger fuelled run, shows one really contented guy at the wheel (one man and his MG in synchronized harmony).
Just disappointed that the burgers didn't get a look in you know Jim and I like our food shots (cyber gluttony in my case)!

Also Paul do knock on that door, I had a friend who had one and she just loved it, kept taking it from Yorkshire to France, infact met up with Anne and I in Normandy on one occasion.
Also if you get it I can go all arty and pretentious and go on about how wonderful it is juxtaposed against the Z LOL smiling smiley

Have a great day guys
All the best Johnny

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
To be honest, John, (as Sarge would say), my interest in the 2CV, other than its stunning good looks, is primarily its eccentricity (and that shift-on-the-fly manual gearbox linkage on the dash...gotta understand how that works):

VW went wonky on my daughter yesterday...misfire on one or two cylinders (out of five, lol). Misplaced our code-reader so couldn't read the computer, but checked plugs and plug-wires. Might be fuel-injection, but doubt that's it. Miss was intermittent. Sarge suggested O2 sensor...off to the shop Friday AM.

Back to 'sunny intervals' today, and a bit of work behind the desk...ugh.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-14 06:08 AM by healey36.

healey36 Avatar
healey36 Paul Raith
Long day in the garage today. Got the aft SU reassembled, installed and the pair synced. Sprite is running well. Went to install my Ecurie Ecosse badge and noticed a puddle of coolant underneath...son of a bisquit! Turns out it's a pinhole leak in the overflow hose, which then begs the question, why am I overflowing coolant? Ran the car for twenty minutes, never overheated, in fact never reached 'N' on the temp gauge. Waited until it cooled down a bit, checked the radiator...it was filled to the very top. Drained off 1/4-cup and reinstalled the plug. Need to run down a bit of hose and some bits to make the 90-degree turn without crimping. Then we'll run it again and see if we have issues.

VW came back from the mechanic...a mystery. He suggested bad gas. We'll run it for a few days and see if there's a recurrence. Never that lucky...

Found a new flag in the back of the hall closet:

A freebie from Colonial Williamsburg I'm thinking.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 03:40 PM by healey36.

Sarge101st Avatar
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Been meaning to get one of those. The Grand Union flag...

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Interesting flag Paul,

Sounds like your swift progress with the SU's is pretty awesome. As for the other bits I think we are on the same page. Been doing a lot on the Moggy for the 70th anniversary rally next weekend and keep finding small faults. Having greased the front suspension one of the ball joint seals decided to pop it's securing clamp and could I get it back grrr!!! Anyway lubricated, cleaned, waxoyled, oil, filters, brakes cleaned and adjusted plus general tarting done seemed ready to go. However, would it start? NO!!!
That was last night...this morning having left the battery on charge over night, I went through the magic 3. Suspected the SU fuel pump (mainly due to not hearing it, unlike the solid state on the Midge), however, fuel flowing nicely, carb good, so electrical. Turned out to be the HT lead on the first plug.

So off to Panks to get new leads, whilst there I picked up some coolant as I've no idea when it was last changed (Think it must be international coolant week Paul).
Back home checked points, changed leads and fitted new cap. Hit ignition, the beauty fired up and sounded good smiling smiley.
Set to on draining old coolant and flushing the system to discover a problem ie could only flush radiator as thermostat not opening (of course discovered too late in the day to do much about).
So off back to Panks tomorrow morning in the hope they have a stat for the Moggy.
And had intended to use the late afternoon to do final adjustments to the Flying Midge carbs and take for a run (If only I'd done it first thing in the morning, I could have picked my bits up in it).

Have a great weekend and hope Paul all goes well your end.

All the best Johnny

Attachments:
20180609_110959.jpg    61.9 KB
20180609_110959.jpg

20180610_174727.jpg    59.3 KB
20180613_163303.jpg    42.8 KB
20180614_133907.jpg    58.7 KB
20180614_145033.jpg    77.9 KB
20180615_154619.jpg    64 KB
IMG-20180615-WA0002.jpeg    30.3 KB
20180615_170120.jpg    65.9 KB
SapitoPR Avatar
SapitoPR Jorge Olazagasti
San Juan, PR, USA   USA
Hola!, those of you having fuel or coolant problems might consider going electric, its so "simple". This electric Frogeye is being prepared by "The BUGEYE Guy" and will probably be up for sale soonsmileys with beer

Attachments:
IMG_2649-1024x768.jpg    54.4 KB
IMG_2649-1024x768.jpg

IMG_3185-1024x768.jpg    34.3 KB
IMG_3195-1024x768.jpg    44.5 KB
IMG_3197-600x450.jpg    52.9 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster