Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
I do it the same way John. Simply remove the three bolts on the engine mount bracket on the side opposite the steering column and everything goes together easily. No slotting needed. smiling smiley

In reply to # 3736982 by Statestreet I had to put the new mounts on my 74 since the ones already in were broken. I jacked up the engine, removed the pieces and installed the left and right motor mounts to the flange by the timing cover. Then I lowered the engine back down only to discover I couldn't get the bolts to align with the lower side mount holes.

After thinking it through, I jacked up the engine again, removed the right side motor mount frame attachment, attached it to the right side mount, and lowered the engine. I was able to align the hoses and bolt the mounts in.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skeezix Avatar
Skeezix Rob Klyver
Playa Del Rey, CA, USA   USA
At this point I am inclined to get the Speedwell mounts and be done with it... Speedwell mounts

61 Midget Mk 1 GAN1L/294*

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Tom makes nice stuff. But I've bought whole cars for less than the cost of a set of motor mounts. smiling smiley

Also, I've worked on race cars with the Speedwell mounts and they can be just as fiddly to install as the stock mounts.

In reply to # 3737023 by Skeezix At this point I am inclined to get the Speedwell mounts and be done with it... Speedwell mounts

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster