MGExp

MG Midget Forum

What did you do with your MG Midget today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

midge488 Avatar
midge488 Marc Meccia
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1960 Morris Minor 1000 Tourer "Momo"
1965 MG MGB "Bea"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 "Mo"
1974 MG Midget "Midge"    & more
I'll try again

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1109.jpg    58.8 KB
IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg    40.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1283.jpg    50.4 KB
IMG_0665.jpg    63.1 KB
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Took a 25 mile round trip to town this morning. 77 degrees and sunny. Stopped by the liquor store for a fresh case of MHL long necks. Had to make the drive official ya know!

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3753986 by Chas 906 Took a 25 mile round trip to town this morning. 77 degrees and sunny. Stopped by the liquor store for a fresh case of MHL long necks. Had to make the drive official ya know!

Arghhh... 77 degrees? It's 97 F. in the shade at 5:32 p.m. here in northern-central NM. I'm so envious of your perfect Spridgeting weather! (And a running car!)

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3753986 by Chas 906 Took a 25 mile round trip to town this morning. 77 degrees and sunny. Stopped by the liquor store for a fresh case of MHL long necks. Had to make the drive official ya know!

Ahh yes Chuck! Don't forget the fresh cheese curds! smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Got to love them fresh curds, and The Packers hey Kurt?

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Lots of room up here for another midget lover Joel. I even have a spare room....for your car that is! LOL!!

midge488 Avatar
midge488 Marc Meccia
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Bea"
/Users/marcmeccia/Desktop/IMG_0665.jpg/Users/marcmeccia/Desktop/IMG_1323.jpg/Users/marcmeccia/Desktop/IMG_1325.jpg/Users/marcmeccia/Desktop/IMG_1324.jpgGregg Please let me know if you get these. Thanks. Marc

midge488 Avatar
midge488 Marc Meccia
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Bea"
Gregg, Sorry , but I can't seem to repost them. If you send me an email, I'll be glad to send them. Marc

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3754115 by Chas 906 Lots of room up here for another midget lover Joel. I even have a spare room....for your car that is! LOL!!

Hah! Hilarious! Well, maybe we'll see each other whenever I get around to organizing the A-Series Route 66 Relay Run.

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
Abandonedmg Clint M
Ellis, KS, USA   USA
Drove it to work today!! We have had this little car since 1975. Today was the first day since then that it has traveled more then a mile at one time. 22 miles today! Drove great. Only issues I found was it cluncks alittle going into 2nd. And theres abit of a whistle from the exhaust. She still smokes abit. I am hoping its just a valve seal leaking abit.Next winter I'll be pulling the head off.

thebeav55 Paul W
Tonawanda, NY, USA   USA
Hi Clint,
43 years and never gone further than a mile !
There's gotta be a story there ......
Paul

Abandonedmg Clint M
Ellis, KS, USA   USA
There is. My father owned a trucking company way back when. Shop is next to the interstate. This guy came off the interstate with a tiny little car that barely ran. He had managed to smash the exhaust shut. Our mechanic at the time pulled the head off and found burnt exhaust valves. Fixed it all up for the guy and he decided to just park it and never came back for it. In the 80's I started tinkering with it. I would get it to run kinda, but never really well enough to do much. It would then be left parked for a few years. I'd tinker with it again and make it run. Gets parked. I'd tinker on and on. Finally this winter I told my father, I am going to get it running, Spend some time to do it right. And it WILL NOT be parked for years at a time again. lol. Got a good rebuild manual. Went through the brakes and the carbs. Changed all fluids and replaced several secondary seals. She's running very well now. Other then the smoking. This winter I will pull the head, lap the valves and replace the valve seals. I will also be replacing oil pan gasket, timing chain cover gasket. YAY!! Honestly I hated the thing till this winter. Now I love it.

Bondkbond Avatar
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Wow Clint, do you know how much beer a cheese head would go through? smiling smiley

Good for you! I get to drive to work tomorrow also after a fuel tank issue

thebeav55 Paul W
Tonawanda, NY, USA   USA
We all love these doggone little things Clint. I'm glad you got to drive it today. I put on about 50 miles today.
I had a fuel tank or line issue lately also Kurt. I think it was just a little clog. Hooked up my bicycle pump at the fuel pump and blew it clean.

Bondkbond Avatar
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
I had to replace a "new" tank and put a couple filters is all. Geez, why wouldn't a person install fuel filters? I'm far from a mechanic but my dad taught me common sense. Cleaned out everything in the process and can't wait to take the great gazoo to work!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster