MGExp

MG Midget Forum

What did you do with your MG Midget today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Thank you Mike! I knew there had to be a good way to do that!
Just real green yet.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CarverBoldman Carver Boldman
Kirbyville, MO, USA   USA
I cried with our MG today...it has sat in in our garage lonely and sad by itself for the past few months because the clutch went out and we still need to bleed it...

*sniff*....

Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Bummer Carver.

I got to drive to work as it is a beautiful day here in Cheese head country!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
I KNOW! The weather in Missouri right now is AMAZING, and the MG is just SITTING in the garage!!! It gets me so mad thinking about it. I'm determined to go fix it this week.

dimini Avatar
dimini Don Ipock
Kansas City, MO, USA   USA
Not to rub it in, Carter, but you are right about nice weather in Missouri. I've been driving my 1500 daily (after sorting out a couple of hydraulic gremlins that reappeared). Looks like you live near Branson, which is a great area for back country roads.

Look me up once you get your's roadworthy and maybe I'll be able to convince some of the local KC Spridget guys to make a weekend of driving near you. Midgets + country roads= FUN. Midgets + gridlock rush hour urban traffic= noFun.

Heck yes! That would be awesome, and we live way out in the country, so the roads are asphalt, but MAN are they curvy, which is the best, in my opinion, for cruisin'!

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
Winding roads just perfect for Spridgets smiling smiley

I would tell you to come John, buuuuuut...UK...But man, the land in the UK is pretty.

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Carver, you still messing with that clutch issue? Have you been pressure bleeding yet?

Skeezix Avatar
Skeezix Rob Klyver
Playa Del Rey, CA, USA   USA
Stopped in at Speedwell and picked up my mounts.
While the paint was drying Tom and I chatted quite a bit about mutual acquaintances and his Formula Ford driving days... made the work week fade away to magical times at Sears Point,....
Guys like Tom make the hobby ,,, consider supporting when shopping for Midget bits.

61 Midget Mk 1 GAN1L/294*

Attachments:
IMG_6570.JPG    58.2 KB
IMG_6570.JPG

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
What are we looking at Rob? I have a Prius too.

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Last night on Jay Leno's Garage they had a segment that featured a Prius. Had a massaged Dodge Hellcat engine that made over 800 HP. A Prius I could like. lol

In reply to # 3738846 by Chas 906 What are we looking at Rob? I have a Prius too.

djclinton Avatar
djclinton Dennis Clinton
Mesquite, NV, USA   USA
1964 Ford Ranchero "Red Rocket"
1966 Other Custom "Green Machine"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Bridgette(brown Midget)"
Nice evening-drove Bridgette out and about town. Stopped at the local Ace Hardware for a socket, parking between two raised pickups. Boy did I look small, but got lots of looks.

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3738810 by Skeezix Stopped in at Speedwell and picked up my mounts.
While the paint was drying Tom and I chatted quite a bit about mutual acquaintances and his Formula Ford driving days... made the work week fade away to magical times at Sears Point,....
Guys like Tom make the hobby ,,, consider supporting when shopping for Midget bits.

Rob, are those spring mounts? Traction bar mounts...?

I used Tom when rebuilding my Spridget's front end. He did an excellent job of reaming and installing new king pin bushings. I also bought a taper wheel bearing kit from him. Everything worked well, and clear instructions.

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Ditto on owning a Prius too. 2005 model, 166,000 miles.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster