Website undergoing maintenance, connection may be intermittent
MGExp

MG Midget Forum

What did you do with your MG Midget today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NelsonW Silver Member Nelson W
Medina, OH, USA   USA
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite "Little Mo"
There is even a rumor of snow Monday down south of Brunswick in Medina.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Love the mask and smile Don!!

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Norbert Style (Nobby The Moggy"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
Think the smile says it all Don,

Though for some reason, I much prefer the look of your bridesmiling smiley

Hope you post more future goofballs

All the best Johnny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 05:11 PM by johnnyw637.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3715893 by Colonel musturd 79 Well I hope for some seat time this week end, meeting with Tim to up date the Drive on Saturday, lunch with my best girl today after Chemo . Wish me luck!

Hey, Michael. Just noticed what you were saying... My neighbor, CNC machinist, and new friend is battling cancer and unfortunately unable to work again. My heart goes out to both of you, and I wish you a complete recovery.

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
Colonel musturd 79 Avatar
Colonel musturd 79 Michael McKinney
Winchester, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500 "Colonel Mustard"
1987 Pontiac Fiero "SILVER BULLET"
Thank you , So far I have had no real side affects I am now 1/2 way thru with my treatments and I m still able to work an play so all is good . I don't believe that I am stronger than others, I am blessed. I did meet with Tim and we discussed the Spring Drive and planed to drive the route one more time and nail down the final plan. I also got in my seat time in the Colonel and went to a local car show today, sorry no pix took the dog and we had a blast and talked a lot of Midget .I am amazed at how many people ether had one or wanted one when they were younger.

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

Yankeedriver Avatar
Michael,

I had mentioned the notion of a "Route 66 Vintage Relay" recently, and would really like to do that when my car gets her new engine. I would enjoy doing the Albuquerque to Okie City leg, but might enjoy going farther to meet some of the people I've spoken with on the forum over the years.

Maybe someone could be convinced to make up some nifty T-shirts.

Hmmm... if I can get the EFI setup to work, I may have to buy a servo and connect the GM ECU's cruise function...

Joel

Member Services:

Attachments:
Route 66.jpg    68.9 KB
Route 66.jpg

Colonel musturd 79 Avatar
Colonel musturd 79 Michael McKinney
Winchester, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500 "Colonel Mustard"
1987 Pontiac Fiero "SILVER BULLET"
I think a Rout 66 tour would be so cool, but a bit far for most of us east coasters .I would love to see the video of a bunch of LBCs driving "The Mother Road". I have seen some of the videos from Europe of different clubs on their drives and they are way cool!

Amore della Strada
For the love of the road

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Sounds to me Joel,
Like you are starting up so sort of Morris version of American Bantam out there in Albuquerque.
Basically a British car but with a few home grown refinements LOL .... cruise control, strewth we're still arguing whether 8 track or compact cassettes are better out here in Blighty winking smiley

Yankeedriver Avatar
In reply to # 3717041 by Colonel musturd 79 I think a Rout 66 tour would be so cool, but a bit far for most of us east coasters .I would love to see the video of a bunch of LBCs driving "The Mother Road". I have seen some of the videos from Europe of different clubs on their drives and they are way cool!

Michael,

I am actually planning on getting an upscale drone for a 'day job'-related thing I can't (yet) talk about... but, yes, that means I get to write it off, legally! So, now that you mention video, I could actually get some waaayyyy-cool aerial approach and pacing shots of the caravan at the more picturesque points along the way. Wouldn't that be cool?

The thing has an auto-pan/track feature, too, so you can swoop down over something moving, circle it, pace it, zoom in and out--and the whole time, the camera's gyros and software keep the camera riveted on the subject and in-focus. In this case, it could be the lead car, or any of them, for that matter.

Hmmm... looks like I've talked myself into driving the whole sheebang, in order to take the footage. Better bring a laptop with a BIG hard drive! I recently put a 120V inverter in the Subaru, so that means I'll be able to charge up the drone's battery and keep the laptop ticking.

Hey, why couldn't the East-Coasters meet in Chicago at the terminus of Route 66, and we could have a collective 'East Meets West' rally? Heck, the Southern boys (and girls) could rendevous in St. Louis, too. Might be kind of neat.

Joel

Member Services:
Yankeedriver Avatar
In reply to # 3717391 by johnnyw637 Sounds to me Joel,
Like you are starting up so sort of Morris version of American Bantam out there in Albuquerque.
Basically a British car but with a few home grown refinements LOL .... cruise control, strewth we're still arguing whether 8 track or compact cassettes are better out here in Blighty winking smiley

Johnny,

I love it... the last time I thought about an 8 track was remembering a certain all-night party in 1975 after which I fell asleep to the endlessly repeating strains of Pink Floyd... smileys with beer

But, yes, the idea is to end up with a kind of factory 'super stock' car that balances original aesthetics with performance and reliability mods. So far, she's got:
- tubular shocks @ front/rear w/lowered & stiffened springs
- 5-speed & 3.9:1 differential
- disc wheels & 4-wheel disc brakes
- electronic ignition & alternator w/solid state fuel pump
- gear-reduction starter
- aluminum radiator w/expansion tank (not overflow) & electric fan
- oil cooler & spin-on filter
- Hella halogen lamps w/relays

Soon, she will have:
- electronic fuel injection & computerized engine management w/cruise control option available
- serpentine belt drive
- intercooled, blow-through supercharger
- air dam (with dzus fasteners to get out of my driveway, for crying out loud)
- a new paint job!

On a recent business flight, I came up with an idea for an alternative to leaf springs for suspending the OEM rear axle. More work to do, but I'll post the design for comment whenever I get time to weld up the spring and linkage mounts. One really neat benefit would be the ability (for us square-arch folks) to mount wider rubber, with the offset going inward. I'm not sure how much wider you can go that way, but there's certainly precious little room in an outboard direction.

Joel

Member Services:
johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Joel,

And there's me with both an 8 track and a new set of quarter elliptic leaf springs to fix. Oh yes and a Kodak 126 instamatic on the dashboard.

Different world mate LOL smileys with beer

dimini Avatar
dimini Don Ipock
Kansas City, MO, USA   USA
Rather than whining about record-breaking cold temperatures across state this past weekend, I made a garage day(s) of it and installed my new trunk carpet kit. Still have a few nip/tucks but 95% there.

(edit: my iPhone struggles to get a correct color balance with the Autumn Leaf carpet color contrasting with Pageant blue... so I tweaked the colors for a somewhat accurate carpet hue, at the expense of destroying blue--but you get the idea.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 01:30 PM by dimini.

Attachments:
fullsizeoutput_bcf.jpeg    54.9 KB
fullsizeoutput_bcf.jpeg

gskbD87wQqyVnHIoW5kIYw.jpg    44.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
dimini Avatar
dimini Don Ipock
Kansas City, MO, USA   USA
In reply to # 3717041 by Colonel musturd 79 I think a Rout 66 tour would be so cool, but a bit far for most of us east coasters .I would love to see the video of a bunch of LBCs driving "The Mother Road". I have seen some of the videos from Europe of different clubs on their drives and they are way cool!

Hey guys, count me in for the section traversing the state of Missouri! That would be cool!

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Nice job Don! Well, I took advantage of the blizzard and 12" of snow yesterday to bottle my 2017 Dago Red. Got a dozen bottles in the wine cellar aging. Looks like the 2018 driving season is put on hold again!

jimbvd Platinum Member Jim Bravard
Hopkinsville, Ky., USA   USA
Well, at least you have something good to look forward to drink. smiling smiley jim

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster