How fragile is a Spridget gearbox?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

kirks-auto Platinum Member Robert Kirk
Davenport, IA, USA   USA
Well now that you have heard from all sides I would opine that the ribbed unit is a howler but not that bad. There can be a shifter issue but by and large, both motor and tranny and rear end in a stock LBC are most hardy...several have Lorie backgrounds. Learning the nuances is akin to dating a Latin lady...and all that is supposed to imply. Be respectful and you will be amply rewarded get ham fisted and she may spit in your face or spit the gears thru the case...all though I have never personally heard of the latter....

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com
E-mail PLEASE for quote/questions/orders

Business phone 563 323 1017

http://kirks-auto.com/
Moss distributor/UK importer
Beat or match most retail/delivered quote

Member Services:
Parts for your classic British and Italian car. 30 years in business.
NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
Robert:

Having some experience with both Midget gearboxes and Latina ladies, I just blew beer out my nose!You must have dated at least one of the species to have this insight.

You are correct in that a certain "touch" will keep you out of trouble.

Ultimately, I decided neither was worth living in fear for and replace with alternate forms of loco-motion.:beer:

Pete

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Billm Avatar
Billm Bill Masquelier
Santee, CA, USA   USA
Lee
We just meet where-ever someone decides to have it (at his house). It is only determined when someone needs help or just wants a get-together or volunteers his house.
I will try to keep the next meeting posted here when it gets scheduled.
By the way- I am thinking of just having a drive around here sometime between Christmas and NewYear, nothing has been decided yet but any/everybody with a Spridget is invited and encouraged to suggest a time/date/ destination!!
Bill

zedvictor1 Avatar
zedvictor1 Steve L
Albion, WA, USA   USA
In reply to a post by kirks-auto several have Lorie backgrounds..

I'd best let the Latina remark alone, but is that 'lorry'?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dte948 Avatar
dte948 DAVE ENSIGN
CLAVERACK, NY, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget Conversion "MIDGET Aka Woodie"
Some people can drive and the rest buy automatics.

Dave

kirks-auto Platinum Member Robert Kirk
Davenport, IA, USA   USA
Yes Stephen it is lorry UK talk for truck. I was thinking of Lorie Latina....Peter your funny! :thumbsup:

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com
E-mail PLEASE for quote/questions/orders

Business phone 563 323 1017

http://kirks-auto.com/
Moss distributor/UK importer
Beat or match most retail/delivered quote

Member Services:
Parts for your classic British and Italian car. 30 years in business.
zedvictor1 Avatar
zedvictor1 Steve L
Albion, WA, USA   USA
Ah yes, Robert . . . I should have realised!winking smiley

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
My experiences with ribcases have been good, the synchros working flawlessly even when shifting hard. But once a nitwit tears up first gear or puts gear oil in it, all bets are off. Even after a rebuild, the torn up boxes never seem as quiet as one that's always been treated right. That said, I have Datsun 5 speeds (Rivergate) in all three of my "A" series cars and would never go back.

refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Steve,

You been playing with the Way-Back machine? This thread is nine years old. smiling smiley

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
That is UK speak for US truck.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster