Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ian Williams Avatar
Ian Williams Ian W
Chipping Longjourney, Toofarupnorth, UK   GBR
Today I got the brake lights working by bridging the under bonnet switch..

Left hand light gives a strong light, but the right hand is only half as good. I swapped the bulbs and lenses about, but the right hand one is still not wonderful.. A poor earth perhaps ?

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 01:56 PM by Ian Williams.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Ian, what Car .?? One wire usually solid green should be 12Volts, other goes out to lights grn/balk .??smileys with beer

Member Services:
mcquaid Avatar
mcquaid jim jans
hood river OR, USA   USA
Ian: Follow the white/purple and the white/brown wires that have been removed from the # 3 and # 7 on the DB 10 direction indicator relay terminals and joined with # 5 on that same unit. When the pressure switch is pushed the power goes down to # 5 and then lights up the rear brake lights. Following Alex's wiring to get your separate flashers you moved the # 3 and #7 to # 5 and added your new rear turn signal lights to # 2 and # 6 so the flashers work by themselves and the brakes work when you push the pedal. Make sure the ground is clean and tight and the switch is working. I put in a normal closed switch up near the brake pedal lever so I don't have to worry about the original pressure switch not working, push in the pedal and the rear brake lights come on.

Jim
'58 ZB
Hood River, OR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 12:28 AM by mcquaid.

Attachments:
P1020454.JPG    103.2 KB
P1020454.JPG

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
X.-1

Member Services:
Ian Williams Avatar
Ian Williams Ian W
I did consider doing that.. I guess you've just extended the wires from the pressure switch to inside the car then?

I will check it out tonight anyway. Thank you..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ian Williams Avatar
Ian Williams Ian W
ZB Magnette Joseph... I've at least got one brake light working, just need to clean the rest of the contacts along the way. ..
In reply to # 3754577 by oleanderjoe Ian, what Car .?? One wire usually solid green should be 12Volts, other goes out to lights grn/balk .??smileys with beer

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Yup. Misread, sorry.smileys with beer

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster