AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

simon8 Avatar
simon8 Silver Member Simon Beyertt
Rothenstein, Thuringia, Germany   DEU
Hello All,
one of the blower cables was broken, and someone attached a new wire using those "clamped" connectors. As I have the motor on my desk I want to replace the entire cable with a new one direct inside the motor.
Does anyone know if both cables are supposed to be the same length? And if not, how long are they normally?
Sorry for that stupid question, but the original harness has had better times, and the new cable "repaired" is much longer than the other. But who knows why...

Thanks for your help
Simon

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Luv Em Old Avatar
Luv Em Old Brian Radich
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Hi Simon

I happen to have the blower assembly out of my car so I can tell you that both wires are 570mm long to where they disappear into the snail shell. One has a bullet connector and I think it connect to earth through the blower switch. The other just has bare wire on the end and I think it connected up to the fuse block. Sorry but I'm a bit hazy on this. Both wires are black.

Brian

Luv Em Old Avatar
Luv Em Old Brian Radich
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Just checked the wiring diagram. The wire end with the bullet connector connects to the switch which is live. The stranded wire end goes to earth.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
simon8 Avatar
simon8 Silver Member Simon Beyertt
Rothenstein, Thuringia, Germany   DEU
Thanks Brian!
this info helps.
Simon

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster