Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

3066james Avatar
3066james Gold Member Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
That is a beautifully restored Coupe!! Get it if you can.

The only thing I see that should have been done differently is the floorboards are made from particle board rather than plywood. If they are not sealed very well, they could be a problem in the future.

I just talked to the owner and the current bid of $9,500 will not come close to getting it. He's owned it for 7 years and just wants to get something else and needs the garage space for whatever he gets.

Good luck bidding.

Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
James, yup I noticed that too, wafer board and they will swell in no time unprotected, crap stuff to use....one more thing I noticed , look in the FL wheel well is that some crash damage repair done on the inner??

vwmgman Jay D
Fayetteville, NY, USA   USA
Hi Jon,

PM sent.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jon62midget Avatar
Jon62midget Silver Member Jonathan Brown
Savannah, GA, USA   USA
Jim, PM sent!

Ballybob Avatar
Ballybob Rob McKellar
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia   AUS
1958 MG MGA 1500
1968 MG MGB "NED"
1969 MG Midget
Go for it!

Being a Midget and A owner you will wonder why you drove the Midget for so long. I love the way the A feels on the road. Not as zippy as a Midget but so much more comfortable. IMO anyway

Good luck!

Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
That depends upon what engine is in the MGA! smoking smiley

3066james Avatar
3066james Gold Member Jim Cheatham
Amelia, VA, USA   USA
The BAT listing indicates it has “a rebuilt 1489cc inline-four paired to a four-speed manual gearbox”.

Jim

In reply to # 3696396 by Redhawk1689 That depends upon what engine is in the MGA! smoking smiley

Stevenp3762 Avatar
Stevenp3762 Steven Pignataro
OAKLAND PARK, FL, USA   USA
just to add to the confusion!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-mg-mga-9/

AC ACE rebody panels for the MGB

Every saint has a past..... every sinner a future.

Redhawk1689 Avatar
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
That's a good candidate for a restoration as long as the price doesn't go through the roof.As far as spending a bit to make it a runner, lipstick on a pig.

Raulgarci Avatar
Raulgarci Raul Garcia
Tijuana, B.C., Mexico   MEX
1958 MG MGA
1960 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
In reply to # 3697247 by Redhawk1689 That's a good candidate for a restoration as long as the price doesn't go through the roof.As far as spending a bit to make it a runner, lipstick on a pig.

I don't think this car requires some restoration at this time. It is in a very good shape. No big deal to repair the side damaged.

barneymg Avatar
barneymg Barney Gaylord
(Somewhere in USA), Pick one (or more), USA   USA
1958 MG MGA "MGA With An Attitude"
If you buy an MGA that has never had a body-off restoration, you get to do it.

Barney Gaylord - 1958 MGA with an attitude - http://MGAguru.com - barneymg@mgaguru.com

blwinterpeg Brian L
Winnipeg, MB, Canada   CAN
Hello,

I can add a few comments about the seller and this MGA coupe. The seller/owner has been a member of our British Car club for quite a few years. I know him, have visited his home/shop and have photographed this MGA for our club calendar. Although the owner describes himself as a computer guy, he does know his way around British sports cars. He is fastidious to a fault and has taken scrupulous care of this car. The description of the car on BAT is completely honest and accurate. IMHO, the photographs of the coupe on BAT do not quite do it justice.

I would describe the condition of this MGA as excellent in all regards. The owner has brought this coupe to a number of our British car events and it always attracts a very large crowd. This is a very special LBC. It will make the new owner quite proud.

In closing, I should add that the owner/seller is not aware of my making these comments.

Thank you.

Stevenp3762 Avatar
Stevenp3762 Steven Pignataro
OAKLAND PARK, FL, USA   USA
Brian L. Your very first post.....

AC ACE rebody panels for the MGB

Every saint has a past..... every sinner a future.

Redhawk1689 Avatar
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
I was responding to Steven's post "adding to the confusion." As far as the coupe, it's a gem!

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
Strange that it did not climb to a higher price at this point. I guess the color is not everyone's cup.

Gary

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster