AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Blank Avatar
Blank Joel Blankenship
Idaho Falls, ID, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA
Hello to all, just found this website and looks like a place to gain an immense amount of knowledge. Can't wait to share info and ideas. I did the registry and added a couple pics.

Had a 1960 MGA in high school for a short period, and a girl friend whose Dad loved MGB and MGB/GTs. I enjoyed the "A" a lot more, before moving up to a 1963 1/2 Austin Healy 3000.

Lots of cars since then, but never found a MGA or big 3000 again until now. With retirement, I believe I can give her the care she needs. Besides, the wife is supportive, cause she thinks it's hers!!!

Actually bought the '60 MGA and a '68 MGB/GT the same week, decided to sell the GT so I could focus on this one..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rob Z Avatar
Rob Z Silver Member Rob Zucca
Camarillo, CA, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA
Excellent! Thanks for joining. Great bunch here. Besides the MG exp. also be sure to bookmark Barney Gaylords Mgaguru site. Everything you could ever want to know about these cars. Thousands of pages of tech.
Cheers!

"Time flies like an arrow......Fruit flies like a banana"

Blank Avatar
Blank Joel Blankenship
1962 MG MGA
Thanks for pointing that one out. Had not seen it yet in my searches, and I will bookmark for sure.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ghnl Avatar
ghnl Eric Russell
Mebane, NC, USA   USA
1961 MG MGA "Calvin"
Welcome. I guess nobody has told you about our unwritten rule - you have to post some photos. (we like photos). Before, during, after - they're all good.

Eric Russell ~ Mebane, NC
1961 MGA #61, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1991 Honda ST1100

Zur Avatar
Zur Silver Member Dave H.
Amarillo, TX, USA   USA
Hey, Joel...welcome aboard!

Dave
"WTF?"

mgaex189 Avatar
mgaex189 Platinum Member Giovanni Delicio
Obrigheim, Rheinpfalz, Germany   DEU
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C2"
1955 MG MGA 1500
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C1"
1960 MG MGA 1600 Coupe    & more
Welcome on board !

Could you post your Body# (of the car). You may find it next to the right hinge of the bonnet.

Gio

Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
Welcome back to the madness!! Yep, post pics we love pics!

Blank Avatar
Blank Joel Blankenship
1962 MG MGA
Thanks to everyone for the welcome, and I promise I will post pics when I can. Already gained some more info than I had previously!

Gio: Body # on the tag under hood is L 37508

I did manage to figure out the photo page, so added 4 of them to the Photo/Video thread at the top of the page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 11:40 AM by Blank.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
^ up there You can also just click "Click to attach a photo or file"

Gary

GILMGA Avatar
GILMGA Silver Member Gil Dupre
CHATTANOOGA, TN, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA
1974 MG MGB GT
Welcome to MGE Joe. Glad to see another MKII for my list. There is a MKII Fan Club on Facebook also

Gil

Cheeks Cliff Morgan
Colton, CA, USA   USA
Welcome Joel. Also you should consider joining NAMGAR ( North American MGA Register ) . They have a by monthly magazine that is great and it contains some excellent tech article as well. It is inexpensive to join. They also have MGA activities throughout the country each year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-11 04:24 PM by Cheeks.

Blank Avatar
Blank Joel Blankenship
1962 MG MGA
Thanks for the tip on the NAMGAR group. I'll check it out, and get registered..

Rob Z Avatar
Rob Z Silver Member Rob Zucca
Camarillo, CA, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA
Namgar has about ten thousand MGA registered if I remember correctly. About ten percent of what were built. They’ve been around for a while. Your car may have been registered with them in the past. Mine was. You should be able to tell by the number you’re issued. If registered before, they’ll give you that number.
Gio, here on the forum also has a database. That’s why he asked for your body number.

"Time flies like an arrow......Fruit flies like a banana"

Mat.MK2 Avatar
Mat.MK2 Silver Member MAT M
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
Welcome --- I see your serial number is merely 14 past mine (mine 519 - yours 533). My certificate of origin reports that 519 was completed on Thursday, Dec 7th 1961.

Blank Avatar
Blank Joel Blankenship
1962 MG MGA
Mat: Thanks for the info. Nice to know the date. Your car in the pic is beautiful.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster