AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Silver Member Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, WA, USA   USA
Try ordering from Amazon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jonbok Avatar
jonbok Silver Member Jon Bok
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
I've been in three different AutoZones in the past week, one of them just today, and they've all got it in stock on the shelves. $6.69 per quart. They keep it in the motorcycle section now, for some reason.

Steve S Avatar
Abingdon West, Southern California, USA   USA
California isn't the only one to pass crazy laws, but they're usually the first. Typically they lead the country in future environmental restrictions, because with so many people inhabiting the major metropolitan areas, they have to. Whatever happens here will usually be adopted elsewhere. But it isn't always bad. Everyone was laughing when strict new smog laws were adopted in CA saying it wouldn't do any good. Now those laws are in place in one form or another in most regions, and air quality has improved dramatically in most large American cities because of it. I remember "smog alerts" back in the 80's when the air in L.A. was literally tinted brown. That doesn't happen anymore.

That said, I'd really like to be able to buy the good type of hanger paint here like I used to before it was banned. The new blend isn't nearly as tough. Thankfully there are out of state sellers who don't care about state laws. winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
....pulled into LA area in 1968/69 an was in awe of the yellowish brown haze...

Steve S Avatar
Abingdon West, Southern California, USA   USA
If you pulled in from the east, depending on the season, that may not have been smog. The entire San Bernardino area has a natural brown-ish tint from the winds blowing dust over the Cajon pass from the Mojave desert. During Santa Ana winds in Autumn, the whole area is brown looking. Even the earliest reports from expeditions to the area noted a strange brown tint to the air. The 60's were right about the beginning of smog issues in most big cities. By the 70's poor San Bernardino County not only had dust but also heavy smog which ocean breezes blew from Los Angeles, stacking it up against the 11,000 foot peaks bordering the area. It was really disgusting. They still get smog today but not anywhere near like it was back then.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...it was in march...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster