1962 MGA - Project 'Larry'

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

madonesi Simon Aylett
SEATTLE, WA, USA   USA
took the mga out today, what a joy these cars are, got a lot of attention in local town, always good to see people get pleasure out of these old classics

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mat.MK2 Avatar
Mat.MK2 Silver Member MAT M
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
Looks nice. BTW --- I also have a MK2 and a Volvo wagon like yours (V70T5M).

madonesi Simon Aylett
SEATTLE, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3440281 by Mat.MK2 Looks nice. BTW --- I also have a MK2 and a Volvo wagon like yours (V70T5M).

Thanks. Volvo wagon, I've got Audi, Infiniti and few mk1 golfs (rabbits) to keep me busy..... always looking for more vehicles for the collection though!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
Are you still thinking about adding the chrome hub caps and rings?

madonesi Simon Aylett
SEATTLE, WA, USA   USA
yes that my plan. I will have that done by March.

madonesi Simon Aylett
SEATTLE, WA, USA   USA
not updated in long time, been traveling for work and so MGA was taken to few shows in summer and no real progress on work I wanted to get done, but now we are in 2018 its time to get moving along.

Late October show

and these turned up in December......

GILMGA Avatar
GILMGA Silver Member Gil Dupre
CHATTANOOGA, TN, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA
1974 MG MGB GT
Hi Simon
Would you share the vin number on your MKII. I and trying to keep a list of as many MKII's as I can. I have 108923
Gil

In reply to # 3239483 by madonesi Hi everyone, my name is Simon, I'm a brit living in Seattle area, just bought my first MGA, 1962 MkII 1600 which I am calling project 'Larry' due to I am lucky enough to had known the previous owner Larry who passed away over a year ago, who bought this MGA over 35 years go as a very run down MGA (non runner) and over the years has spent a lot of time and money restoring the MG, until he had accident and then the car was only used now and again over the last decade. Working with our close friend Larry's wife Jody over the last 6 months Jody gave me her blessing to buy the car and finish the car, which funny enough my view on finish the MGA is very close to what Larry wanted smiling smiley

Due to I am somewhat of a car nut and Jody saw the love and passion I have for the MGA, I am very happy to be the new owner and finish the MGA and make it better.

I will over the coming weeks publish more on the MGA as I have a full book of pictures of the work done it, plus several manual, books, as well as various tool boxes and spare parts, I've got a lot of work to do to go through it all.

The MGA is safely in the garage under a cover right now, but here is picture of it taken on Saturday.

My plans for this weekend, is to go through the large paperwork to find out all the details of work done, parts replaced and then list out what I need to check, confirm and start list of parts I need, Servicing parts, as I will be going from front to back of the car, replacing, filters, oil, fluids, bleeding, greasing, etc, etc.. I do enjoy this part smileys with beer

I hope to update this thread as often as possible and I welcome all feedback and advice from everyone, as I am sure I am going to learn a lot from this forum and its members, just spending last few days on the forum, I'm already knowledge overloaded, look forward to hopefully getting to know you all more, even meet you at meets, road trips and general chit chat on here.

I would be interested in knowing where everyone buys there parts from - Moss Motors seems to come up a lot as good source for OEM.

thanks Simon
The fun of owning a MGA makes my face hurt, from smiling all the time!

Gil

madonesi Simon Aylett
SEATTLE, WA, USA   USA
No lol will message you details.

Not a lot happening right now with MGA weather is stopping me from doing much.

In reply to # 3669017 by GILMGA Hi Simon
Would you share the vin number on your MKII. I and trying to keep a list of as many MKII's as I can. I have 108923
Gil

In reply to # 3239483 by madonesi Hi everyone, my name is Simon, I'm a brit living in Seattle area, just bought my first MGA, 1962 MkII 1600 which I am calling project 'Larry' due to I am lucky enough to had known the previous owner Larry who passed away over a year ago, who bought this MGA over 35 years go as a very run down MGA (non runner) and over the years has spent a lot of time and money restoring the MG, until he had accident and then the car was only used now and again over the last decade. Working with our close friend Larry's wife Jody over the last 6 months Jody gave me her blessing to buy the car and finish the car, which funny enough my view on finish the MGA is very close to what Larry wanted smiling smiley

Due to I am somewhat of a car nut and Jody saw the love and passion I have for the MGA, I am very happy to be the new owner and finish the MGA and make it better.

I will over the coming weeks publish more on the MGA as I have a full book of pictures of the work done it, plus several manual, books, as well as various tool boxes and spare parts, I've got a lot of work to do to go through it all.

The MGA is safely in the garage under a cover right now, but here is picture of it taken on Saturday.

My plans for this weekend, is to go through the large paperwork to find out all the details of work done, parts replaced and then list out what I need to check, confirm and start list of parts I need, Servicing parts, as I will be going from front to back of the car, replacing, filters, oil, fluids, bleeding, greasing, etc, etc.. I do enjoy this part smileys with beer

I hope to update this thread as often as possible and I welcome all feedback and advice from everyone, as I am sure I am going to learn a lot from this forum and its members, just spending last few days on the forum, I'm already knowledge overloaded, look forward to hopefully getting to know you all more, even meet you at meets, road trips and general chit chat on here.

I would be interested in knowing where everyone buys there parts from - Moss Motors seems to come up a lot as good source for OEM.

thanks Simon
The fun of owning a MGA makes my face hurt, from smiling all the time!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster