AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ski.dive Avatar
ski.dive Fred M
FORT PIERCE, FL & MOUNT SNOW, VERMONT, FL & VT, USA   USA
How often do you drive your MGB at night time?drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-17 09:03 AM by ski.dive.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Steve64B Avatar
Steve64B Steve Opitz
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
More often now that I've redone the electrics and installed better gauge lighting!

Attachments:
New Gauge lights.JPG    24.9 KB
New Gauge lights.JPG

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Mostly on vacation, when returning from a restaurant of village to my hotel or rented house. Let's say 5-6 times max at night, but headlights always on during daytime on highways in France and Belgium
At home I rarely use the B for urban transport, just for travelling to and from my sailing boat in daylight and in most cases headlights need not be lighted on these trips

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pleblanc1206 Avatar
pleblanc1206 Gold Member Pierre Leblanc
Saline, MI, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB GT "The MG"
2013 Scion FR-S
Once a year for a car show in Ann Arbor that runs until 10:00 pm, but I also run with headlights on during the day for safety.

1974 MGB-GT: black-label overdrive, essentially stock detoxed engine, Schlemmerized distributor.

Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
Fairly often, but especially in winter. Dark comes early in December but it's prime sports car season for us.

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports - Specialty parts for select British Automobiles
BumbleB74 Avatar
BumbleB74 William Milholen
Tidewater, Tidewater VA, USA   USA
never think of it...just do it. But, changing the instruments over to LEDs did make a big difference.

Shh....don't tell anybody....but I'll drive it in the rain too....GASP.......

1974-1/2 Roadster, "Bumble Bee", Corvette Yellow - in shambles, wire wheels
1976 Roadster, "Virus", Sandglow - "driver" condition (stock + 32/36 Weber DGEV, cast iron header, 25D distributor), bolt on wheels, ON the road!

andy1965MGB Avatar
andy1965MGB Silver Member Andy Lincoln
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Blue Jay"
1967 MG MGB GT "Cardinal"
All the time, I drive each car to work about once a week and generally it's dark for the morning and/or evening commute.

lewisrn Avatar
lewisrn Gold Member Bob L
Danville, IN, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "The "B"
I seldom drive at night in my 'B' but any time I do, I'm still surprised by how great the Speedhut gauges look when lit up.

In any debate, the side which strays from civil discussion is usually the side that lacks confidence in its debate position or in its ability to win the debate on the merit of their arguments. Making personal attacks on the opponents instead of staying on the subject is also a sign of weakness.

Anyone who always feels compelled to respond in kind to any perceived slight is often suffering from narcissism.

Attachments:
100_0958.JPG    15.9 KB
100_0958.JPG

benhutcherson Avatar
benhutcherson Gold Member Ben Hutcherson
Louisville/Frankfort, KY, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
All the time.

I finished up some work last night on the car around 11:00 and had to take it out for a drive. It's not the first time that I've done something like that. Night drives usually mean empty/less busy roads, which can make listening to the engine or listening for other problems easier. Also, sometimes it's just nice to drive that time.

I've taken many evening trips on a whim where I didn't get home until after dark-usually they're of the "It's a nice evening so I think I'm going to drive to....(wherever) and come back" sort of trip.

Also, in the fall and winter I often work until 7:30, and especially after DST ends it gets dark fairly early. Around the winter solstice, sunset usually comes around 5:00 here so I'd run into the dark even if I left work at 5:00. Of course, I also drive the MG a lot less in the winter, but at the same time a 70º day is not uncommon here(along with a few inches of snow in the same week).

saanich2006 Avatar
saanich2006 Robert Browning
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
More at dusk and early evening than late at night in the dark

"He had delusions of adequacy."

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

converse212 Avatar
converse212 Eric Morgan
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA
1970 MG MGB "Daily Driver"
1970 MG MGB GT "Rusty"
1971 MG MGB GT    & more
Well, when I have one running I usually drive t every time I want to go somewhere...and I do spend a good bit of time out at nights.

I almost prefer driving them at night. It’s cooler out, fewer drivers, higher speeds...less stressful overall. One of my favorite drives was going down to savannah from Atlanta starting about 7:30 PM. By the time we got to I 16 it was full on night time, and the cruise to savannah was 2 hours top down at 90-95 mph. Car didn’t miss a beat.

Daily driving a '71 MGB

Resurrecting a '58 MGA

Noble66 Avatar
Noble66 Gold Member Noble Bradford
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "Black Betty"
1969 MG MGC GT
1974 MG MGB "Whitey"
Literally. Every. Single. Day.

I only have 2 cars. A 1964 MGB and a 1969 MGC/GT.

It baffles me that people spend so much time and money on something they hardly use.

They don’t have to be driven every day and I get not driving them in ice and snow but rain?!!? That’s lame!! It’s your car, do what you want but yeah, I’m judging you.

mgcyclo Avatar
mgcyclo Tim Rich
Township of Washinghton, NJ, USA   USA
Not that often but when I do I enjoy it. Totally different feeling for some reason. Very enjoyable on a warm summer night.

PS like several above I too updated my dash guage lighting to LEDs.

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
All the time.
Good driving lights on relays and 3 watt backup lights make a brisk late night drive a blast.

Watch out for the deer !

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Gold Member Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, NJ, USA   USA
I don't drive it much at night but at the same time I don't drive my daily driver that much at night either.

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 MG Midget 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links