3’syncro angle drive removal

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Xcore89 Tom M
Fleet, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Hi all, I want to change my speedo cable on my 3 syncro non overdrive gearbox, iv heard rumours of using a longer od cable will allow me to do this?
Is this true for an early car?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RAY 67 TOURER Avatar
RAY 67 TOURER Ray Marloff
Fort Bragg, CA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "My Girl"
Yes, it is true for early cars. I've had my '67 B for over 46 years now. I used the longer OD cable to eliminate the troublesome angle drive from the system entirely. RAY

MRoadster Avatar
MRoadster Gold Member Jim Wulf
Doylestown, PA, USA   USA
1938 MG TA Tickford "The TA"
1963 Ford Thunderbird "The M Car"
1967 MG MGB MkI "The B"
In reply to # 3737398 by Xcore89 Hi all, I want to change my speedo cable on my 3 syncro non overdrive gearbox, iv heard rumours of using a longer od cable will allow me to do this?
Is this true for an early car?

Thanks
This is how it will look without the angle drive. This is a 4 sync OD trans but yours will be similar. I used a piece of split tubing to protect the speedo cable from the frame and secured the tubing with a cable tie after the picture was taken. Eliminating the angle drive cured my bouncing speedometer, too.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Undercarriage_1.jpg    39.3 KB
Undercarriage_1.jpg

Speedo cable.jpg    25.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Xcore89 Tom M
Fleet, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Thanks for the reply’s guys, yea my speedos bouncing all over the place, now just got to track down the fabled copper washer!

RAY 67 TOURER Avatar
RAY 67 TOURER Ray Marloff
Fort Bragg, CA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "My Girl"
Once you have the new cable, matching up the washer should be easy. RAY

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster