Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ateichert Michael J
Orangevale, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Little Blue"
Has anyone replaced their rear springs recently? If so and who's did you use? Tried Moss's and the car sat too high [over 16"] and rode way too rough. I Could not keep the mirror sucker attached to windscreen. Put the old ones back on for now. Got to get to Dixon C.A. meet this Sunday. Thanks Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
astbury Avatar
astbury Gold Member Mark Astbury
Rye, NY, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Megan B"
Are they Heritage springs? (they would have had stickers on indicating such if they were).

I had GT springs (Heritage springs) shipped from Brown and Gammons in the UK. Rear sits at approx 15” from center of wheel to bottom of chrome strip. Probably won’t work for your timeline though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 06:06 PM by astbury.

saanich2006 Avatar
saanich2006 Robert Browning
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
I bought GT springs for my MGB last year, from Basil.

They are great and my car rides very smooth.

I suggest you contact him and ask which ones he sells

"He had delusions of adequacy."

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ateichert Michael J
Orangevale, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Little Blue"
Thank you for the reply, They had AHC31 painted on them but no "Heritage tag" on them. I assumed Moss was selling "Made in England springs" I will contact Basil next week. Thanks Mike

Simon Austin Avatar
Doesn’t matter who you buy from as long as you confirm they’re Heritage springs. Make sure you ask the supplier.

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

dickmoritz Avatar
dickmoritz Platinum Member Dick Moritz
Philly 'burbs, PA, USA   USA
When re placing any suspension components, front or rear, important to not do any final tightening until the cars is back on the ground or otherwise in its fully loaded condition. Otherwise you may force bushings to take a set in an unnatural position...

Dick

Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
(Often wrong, but always certain)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster