AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ahmed Avatar
Ahmed Silver Member Ahmed EL Abasiry
Chestermere, AB, Canada   CAN
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
I bought a set of the felt runner channels for the side windows. I'm installing them today and found the glass is rattling inside them. I checked their gap where they hug the edge of the glass and found it wider than the originals, making the glass sits loose in them. I can only imagine the rattles and racket this is going g to make while driving or when closing the doors. It'll drive me nuts!!

I'd like to know how good Moss felt channels are before I order a set from them? Do they fit snugly around the glass? Sharing any personal experience is appreciated.
Part number: 458-610 or AHH7448

Thanks.

"... the motor car, after woman, is the most fragile and capricious thing on earth." - London Daily Mail 1908

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 12:18 AM by Ahmed.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bruce Cunha Avatar
placerville, CA, USA   USA
1950 MG TD
1967 MG MGB GT
Did you check Martin MacGreggor's? If there are correct one's out there Martin carries them.

http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MGB-Doors

Bruce E. Cunha

Ahmed Avatar
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Sadly no. The ones I'm having trouble with are from McGregor.

"... the motor car, after woman, is the most fragile and capricious thing on earth." - London Daily Mail 1908

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bruce Cunha Avatar
placerville, CA, USA   USA
1950 MG TD
1967 MG MGB GT
Correct ones? There are two types. Early and late

Bruce E. Cunha

little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
so what happened there ....did the glass thickness change ??

In reply to # 3737086 by Bruce Cunha Correct ones? There are two types. Early and late

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
I bought front and rear seals from MGOC and they fit the glass like a glove but that was around 2012 - maybe they still have the same in stock. Their version I bought was cut to size rather than per metre. I'm not aware of different sizes ie widths.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Hmmm. Mine from Moss seem a bit to tight.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

neil stern Avatar
Florida, Naples, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "My Tomato"
Go with moss and also Moss is great for carb rebuild kits all parts fit If moss dose not have check out Victoria British Even they go to Moss for parts if they dont have them Hope that helps

Ahmed Avatar
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
I too, never heard of any thickness or type change. I think it is the same across all production years.

So far, Scott's reply is the most relevant. I will take a chance and order a set from Moss and hope for the best.

Ahmed Avatar
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Moss order placed. Fingers crossed!!

Be Coming Avatar
Be Coming Kelvin Dodd
So. Calif., USA   USA
Ahmed.

I just checked the seals Moss is carrying. They have an inner lip which is flexible and fits the glass well. I offered them up to the channel on a B and the fit looks good there too. I'm pretty sure these are the same seals I used on my 1965 and they worked well.

Kelvin.

Ahmed Avatar
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Thank you Kelvin,
Always assuring to hear confirmation from you. I already placed an order for a set of 4.

Say, I noticed there are two factory part numbers: AHH7448 and AHH8405. Both of which cross to the same Moss number: 458-610
Wonder why the factory parts catalogue made different part numbers. Different lengths perhaps?

Be Coming Avatar
Be Coming Kelvin Dodd
So. Calif., USA   USA
Yes.

Short and long. Inventory costs for two parts exceed the material costs, so it made sense to just carry the longer.

Ahmed Avatar
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
thumbs up smileys with beer

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3737084 by Ahmed Sadly no. The ones I'm having trouble with are from McGregor.

Hmmm. Shall I say it again? Nah, no one would pay attention anyway. smoking smiley

Member Services:
Used English car parts.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster