Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

-bcw Avatar
-bcw Bruce Wyckoff
Zeeland, Michigan, USA   USA
In reply to # 3736917 by stiffarm67 Assuming that there is equal value in your estimation, the Austin will subtract 20 years of cool from you. You'd go from sporting gent to old duffer in a hurry.smileys with beer

Joe, You couldn't be more wrong!
Your cool value will do nothing by rise.

Although not an Austin Princess, I do own an Austin London Taxi Cab circa 1967 for the last 21 years.
It is a hit at all sorts of gatherings and a lot of people think you own a "cool car, especially with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

-bcw

Everyone likes flattery; and when you come to Royalty you should lay it on with a trowel. - Benjamin Disraeli

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
taxi.jpg    77.1 KB
taxi.jpg

stiffarm67 Avatar
stiffarm67 Gold Member Joe Herz
Ridgefield, WA, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "The GT"
Bruce,

Touché. I can appreciate a car like that but that doesn't mean I'd choose to own one cool smiley

In reply to # 3737387 by -bcw
In reply to # 3736917 by stiffarm67 Assuming that there is equal value in your estimation, the Austin will subtract 20 years of cool from you. You'd go from sporting gent to old duffer in a hurry.smileys with beer

Joe, You couldn't be more wrong!
Your cool value will do nothing by rise.

Although not an Austin Princess, I do own an Austin London Taxi Cab circa 1967 for the last 21 years.
It is a hit at all sorts of gatherings and a lot of people think you own a "cool car, especially with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

-bcw

Marc2 Avatar
Marc2 Silver Member Mark Hoefle
Richardson, TX, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Green Machine"
Bruce - totally agree smiling smiley

Here in the Dallas area - someone runs a London Taxi as a limo service. See it go by often - driver in full chauffeur 's livery, peaked cap and all.
When it stops at a light, people are snapping pictures of it and waving. Never saw that happen here when an MGB-GT stops at a light. winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3737419 by Marc2 Bruce - totally agree smiling smiley

Here in the Dallas area - someone runs a London Taxi as a limo service. See it go by often - driver in full chauffeur 's livery, peaked cap and all.
When it stops at a light, people are snapping pictures of it and waving. Never saw that happen here when an MGB-GT stops at a light. winking smiley

It might draw attention, but I would be much more interested in driving.........................the GT!

-bcw Avatar
-bcw Bruce Wyckoff
In reply to # 3737411 by stiffarm67 Bruce,

Touché. I can appreciate a car like that but that doesn't mean I'd choose to own one cool smiley

Joe....It's a good thing we all like different things or everyone would be hitting on your grandmother.

-bcw

Everyone likes flattery; and when you come to Royalty you should lay it on with a trowel. - Benjamin Disraeli

-bcw Avatar
-bcw Bruce Wyckoff
In reply to # 3737411 by stiffarm67 Bruce,

Joe....It's a good thing we all like different things or everyone would be hitting on your grandmother. smiling smiley

-bcw

-bcw Avatar
-bcw Bruce Wyckoff
In reply to # 3737431 by V8MGBV8 It might draw attention, but I would be much more interested in driving.........................the GT!

That's why I have two Carl.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
I got have the convertible version first, then the GT.

How do you fit in a Midget?!

danc Avatar
danc Dan Cramp
Menifee, Ca., USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT ~ For Sale ! ~
1971 MG MGB
I contacted the gent and told him it was just too big. No room in my home

1971 MGB
1967 MGB GT

HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Lake Winneconne, WI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Other than the fact that I personally think it's Gawd awful...If your first thought was "don't"...DON'T.

"Value" and "Worth" though tossed around interchangeably are not the same.

I've passed on things "valued" at much more than the asking price because it's wasn't "worth" it to me on a personal level.

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank L
Inconveniently located in the wilderness, OK, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
and let's not start on "investing", as in "investing" in parts, etc.

In reply to # 3738672 by HiPowerShooter Other than the fact that I personally think it's Gawd awful...If your first thought was "don't"...DON'T.

"Value" and "Worth" though tossed around interchangeably are not the same.

I've passed on things "valued" at much more than the asking price because it's wasn't "worth" it to me on a personal level.

;-\

TANSTAAFL !

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster