AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

danc Avatar
danc Dan Cramp
Menifee, Ca., USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT ~ For Sale ! ~
1971 MG MGB
1961 AUSTIN princess vanden Plas for my 67 GT. Any opinions?

1971 MGB
1967 MGB GT

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
32696709_10213246614212927_567550877007609856_n.jpg    50.5 KB
32696709_10213246614212927_567550877007609856_n.jpg

bobbygee Avatar
bobbygee Silver Member bobby galvez
Round Rock, TX, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Duckie Tee"
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"
In reply to # 3736832 by danc 1961 AUSTIN princess vanden Plas for my 67 GT. Any opinions?

Question is, do you want a 1961 AUSTIN princess vanden Plas? cool smiley

BobbyG

danc Avatar
danc Dan Cramp
Menifee, Ca., USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT ~ For Sale ! ~
1971 MG MGB
The first time I heard of one was today. I have no answer bobby.

1971 MGB
1967 MGB GT

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
Similar car to the Sheerline but not quite a sporty drive. Austin suggestion to those that could not afford a RR.
Weren't many of these produced so the rare factor is alive & well. A rather pedestrian driver for a large 6 cylinder engine.
Parts and information is spotty at best. Although that picture shows a nice car. Dig deep into the wiring, transmission, brakes etc. before accepting.

I would do the swap because I like all thing British cars. My advice is go for it!

B

Check your ego Amigo!

The Barber Avatar
The Barber Michael Zanghi
Amherst, NY, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Halloween"
2014 Ford Mustang
I agree with Bruce i think its a great looking car but check to see how hard it is to get parts. as for me i would do it

We do it right We do it twice

ozieagle Avatar
ozieagle Gold Member Herb Adler
Geelong Victoria, Australia   AUS
1958 Wolseley 1500 "Wooly"
1966 MG MGB "Bl**dy B"
The other question is why does the owner of a relatively rare Austin want to get rid of it, in favour of a relatively common MGBGT?

I like the Austin, and if I had the space and time I would offer to buy it.

Herb

Questions about prostate cancer? Click here to join the discussion

neil stern Avatar
Florida, Naples, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "My Tomato"
check out Simple Tire I run them on my MGB

GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 Silver Member George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
That car would generate lots of chatter. Think about taking it to a British Car meet. No doubt you'd be the only one there.

---
GEO

stiffarm67 Avatar
stiffarm67 Gold Member Joe Herz
Ridgefield, WA, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "The GT"
Assuming that there is equal value in your estimation, the Austin will subtract 20 years of cool from you. You'd go from sporting gent to old duffer in a hurry.smileys with beer

benhutcherson Avatar
benhutcherson Gold Member Ben Hutcherson
Louisville/Frankfort, KY, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
I too would do it assuming everything checked out good.

You can always get another '67 GT.

Rob-USLE Avatar
Rob-USLE Rob DE JOODE
Rotterdam, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Does it comes with a chauffeur suit aswell ? Coz everyone thinks you are just the driver ..............

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
My guess is that he wants to drive more than he currently does with the Austin. Keeping that high maintenance dowager on the road is going to be exponentially more work than an MGB and I suspect the drive is more transportation than the celebration of motion you get with a sportscar.

That said, it does have a presence, and if that is of value to you, even just to try it out for a few years, I don't see a problem with doing the trade.

Then there is the person inside me that say all things deserve a second chance in life...I suggest a Jag chimera with the straight six and front and rear suspension grafted in place. THAT would command some respect on the show-field and be fun to drive.

Pete

Marc2 Avatar
Marc2 Silver Member Mark Hoefle
Richardson, TX, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Green Machine"
On the classic car sales sites - a Princess in good condition seems to price in anywhere from $10,000 to $18,000 on average, though you will see one or two up to $30K to $40K.
Most seem to be used for wedding and prom rental. More garage queen than daily driver, with the scarcity of parts, I would think.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 07:24 AM by Marc2.

Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, VA, USA   USA
Anyone willing to trade their car for yours obviously values your car more than theirs. That being the case, one should then consider the question: why should I trade a more desirable vehicle for a lesser one?

74 Chrome Bumper MGB
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

"Every LBC is a rolling restoration."
"These are the cars that try men's souls."
"The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

BumbleB74 Avatar
BumbleB74 William Milholen
Tidewater, Tidewater VA, USA   USA
Thus your gutt has said "NO".....listen to that!

In reply to # 3736844 by danc The first time I heard of one was today. I have no answer bobby.

1974-1/2 Roadster, "Bumble Bee", Corvette Yellow - in shambles, wire wheels
1976 Roadster, "Virus", Sandglow - "driver" condition (stock + 32/36 Weber DGEV, cast iron header, 25D distributor), bolt on wheels, ON the road!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster