MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

Anyone Ever Get A Thank You Note After Buying A Part ?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
I have been buying good used parts from fellow MGEXP members instead of the suspect off shore offerings. I would much rather have an original part manufactured back in the day. Last week I bought a couple of leather bonnet straps from a very nice gentleman, he took the extra time to say thanks by including a nice thank you card in the box. This little thought is quickly fading away by today’s newer generation ! Thanks so much Tony.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
30388781-44C2-45C7-9FE8-0345AAE7A2BC.jpeg    31.9 KB
30388781-44C2-45C7-9FE8-0345AAE7A2BC.jpeg

sws615 Avatar
sws615 Stephen Struck
Grand Haven, MI, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT
1975 MG MGB "Commission # G23N124120"
2015 Acura MDX
2015 BMW 535xi
Jack,

Not sure I've ever gotten a thank you, but I've been treated exquisitely well by everyone I've bought from (or sold to) on this site. Prompt shipments/payments, advice, good packaging, even a couple extra bits a time or two. Nice touch to enclose a note like that!

Steve

DanN1DLH Avatar
DanN1DLH Dan DiMartino
McDonough, GA, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB
1980 MG MGB
Yes! I have one on my work bench, as reminder. It put a smile on my face if I remember correctly.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
malski Avatar
malski Silver Member Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 3736803 by tampaguy I have been buying good used parts from fellow MGEXP members instead of the suspect off shore offerings. I would much rather have an original part manufactured back in the day. Last week I bought a couple of leather bonnet straps from a very nice gentleman, he took the extra time to say thanks by including a nice thank you card in the box. This little thought is quickly fading away by today’s newer generation ! Thanks so much Tony.

I had precisely the same experience following a recent dealing with Tony Brown. A very good man.

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967) Supercharged - under restoration
MGTC (1949)

andy1965MGB Avatar
andy1965MGB Silver Member Andy Lincoln
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Blue Jay"
1967 MG MGB GT "Cardinal"
Malski x2 for Tony Brown. And others as well

Andy

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
++ Basil

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

neil stern Avatar
Florida, Naples, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "My Tomato"
Yes Get candy from Engel Zack is a great guy I just ordered some belts Just belts today online and he called to tell me they found out they didnt have one and was worried i would be mad I told him not to worry send them when you get them How many of them would take the time And Victoria British sent me a card when i got seat covers and the foam And a hand written thanks I havent met people so nice since i skied no longer i live in Fl And i want to say the people on this forum are fantastic with their help By the way Victoria English has a great sale going till the end of June for instance got my hood for $300.00 delivered check them out Hood came nicely packed in great shape and fit like a glove

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 06:02 PM by neil stern.

Attachments:
0515181845-00.jpg    24.8 KB
0515181845-00.jpg

0515181845-01.jpg    19 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
0510181046-00.jpg    26.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, VA, USA   USA
I have not gotten a thank-you; however, I have thanked vendors who have done good work with very short turn-around time (Nisonger, for one). It pays to be courteous in my book.

74 Chrome Bumper MGB
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

"Every LBC is a rolling restoration."
"These are the cars that try men's souls."
"The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, VA, USA   USA
P.S. Those who cater to our hobby, I think, deserve to know that we appreciate the goods and services they offer. I have often thanked people (on this forum) privately for the assistance they've provided because they took the time to help.

74 Chrome Bumper MGB
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

"Every LBC is a rolling restoration."
"These are the cars that try men's souls."
"The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

neil stern Avatar
Florida, Naples, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "My Tomato"
Yes i agree Its a wonderful time here on this forum Have made friends here in the states And in Canada and other countries But the help on this forum has been priceless I even have friends where i get my parts The only thing i find harsh is people come down on you for this or that I love my 1980 B as much as my XJ6 or TR4 irs yes it sits a bit higher But i dont scrape the speed bumps And i could get lower profile tires Im expecting some flak But even those that dont like this or that about me there are those that have been honestly grand fellows that just love the Mg,s as much as i do And more im sure This is my fifth English car i have owned And i hope not the last Cheers All

David Willey Avatar
Johnstown, PA, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
1980 MG MGB "Emily"
Victoria British have sent me nice "thank you" notes on a couple of occasions.
Of course, I have paid for a few of their kids to go to College ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 08:45 PM by David Willey.

pdrsn Avatar
pdrsn Silver Member Eric Pedersen
Tualatin, OR, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Barnacle"
Yep, I have.

One of the few places left in my experience that has this vibe is the LBC community.

Other examples:

Candy in the box from NW Import Parts
New and used parts shipped before my check is in the mail (Thanks Chris Roop)
Great communication, offers, and prices on BST forum.
In person local supplies transactions that involved the gamut from free to trades to "next time you have a part I need we will call it good"

Pretty cool in a generally jaded world.

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
I if you do a part and restore properly yes. I sold a set of restored mirrors to a retired Air Force captain in Texas and he was thrilled. His letter informed me that he has every entire spare part now for his 72. His grand kids are set!

"Be yourself, because everybody else is already taken". - Oscar Wilde.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" - Phineas Quimby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-17 04:27 AM by albeegreen1.

Attachments:
DSC02002.JPG    48 KB
DSC02002.JPG

71 B Avatar
71 B paul duncan
Chapel Hill, NC, USA   USA
I get notes in the mail from LMC truck after most every truck project I do (I own a restoration shop and we buy lots of parts).

Diver648 Gold Member Warren Siringer
Tucson, AZ, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
1971 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
x3 for Tony Brown. So appreciated.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster