AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
I was considering switching to a servo heater valve, but it would be nice to do a servo on the heater door too. Has anyone adapted the servo in a valve to a push rod that could control the door? Gets rid of those Morse cables and stiff knobs.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
malski Avatar
malski Silver Member Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 3736467 by tvrgeek I was considering switching to a servo heater valve, but it would be nice to do a servo on the heater door too. Has anyone adapted the servo in a valve to a push rod that could control the door? Gets rid of those Morse cables and stiff knobs.

............... and the fresh air vent door should the roller assembly be absent. I think that Herb Adler was looking at something along these lines some time back.

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967) Supercharged - under restoration
MGTC (1949)

tvrgeek Avatar
1965 MG MGB
I was thinking of the internal door. Spruce Aircraft has a kit, but over $200. I was wondering if a heater valve could be cut off and a lever welded on, but force is an issue. Not sure model airplane servos have the force.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ClassicBiker Avatar
ClassicBiker Steven Meakings
Clinton Township, MI, USA   USA
Scott,
If you mean the door at the bottom of the heater assembly, I've done it. I used a 9 gram servo motor from evil bay as well as a servo tester and a 5V UBEC ( universal battery eliminator circuit). The UBEC will step down voltage from a 6S LiPo for a RC airplane down to 5V volts for the servo (6S is 22 volts). I up graded my heater with the bigger core and a three speed fan motor, I was also going to do the servo water valve, I have it I just haven't installed it yet. Other domestic things got in the way. I'll take some photos of the door servo and post them.
Steven

tvrgeek Avatar
1965 MG MGB
Just what I was thinking. I'll await the pix, "servo tester" I gather would be the controller. I'll do some googling.

ozieagle Avatar
ozieagle Gold Member Herb Adler
Geelong Victoria, Australia   AUS
1958 Wolseley 1500 "Wooly"
1966 MG MGB "Bl**dy B"
Scott

When I was playing around with using remote locking motors to operate the flaps and central door flap, I think it was you who suggested lawn mower accelerator handle and cable. It would need some lever design to get the correct angles.

Herb

Questions about prostate cancer? Click here to join the discussion

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
Boy aren’t we getting lazy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster