Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
Mossy Head, FL, USA   USA
Anyone use these Haul-Master 1500# car dollies? Found four for $50 on CL. Just wondering if they are worth $50.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
01515_fYIlXOVhveD_1200x900.jpg    40.2 KB
01515_fYIlXOVhveD_1200x900.jpg

tedjr Avatar
tedjr Silver Member Ted R. Schneider Jr.
Akron, OH, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Ruby"
1974 MG MGB GT "The Orphan"
Anthony,
They look quite similar to the ones I got from Harbor Freight. Same weight capacity. HF is selling them for 2 for $54.99. This is the first time I've used them and they are good for moving the car around. Sounds like a good deal.

tedjr

1974 MGB "Ruby" and 1974 MGB GT "Orphan"
MGExperience Journal
ENMGR

2003JAG Avatar
2003JAG Gold Member Chuck Hassler
Monument, CO, USA   USA
1968 MG MGC "Blue Boy"
1980 MG MGB Limited Edition (LE)
Anthony,

My B is sitting on a set of these right now; the engine is out for a clutch replacement. The dollies make it very easy to move the B around the garage. If you buy the set of dollies, oil the dollies' wheel axles before using. Nice garage tool, great price.

Chuck

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
Thanks for the replies. I am going to pick them up for my Bs. Trying to stuff a short bed pickup and 2 MGBs in a two car garage I am building.

Ahmed Avatar
Ahmed Silver Member Ahmed EL Abasiry
Chestermere, AB, Canada   CAN
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
I have a set, not exactly like the one you posted, but similar.
I found them indispensable for moving the car around, specially while being worked on. I usually work alone and have no one else to help, so the dollies makes it a one-man job to move the car around.
Also useful to move the car sideways, which usually takes quite a bit of maneuvering if done with the steering wheel while pushing.

It all depends if you have a need for them, go for it.

"... the motor car, after woman, is the most fragile and capricious thing on earth." - London Daily Mail 1908

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 10:30 AM by Ahmed.

MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
I have a need for them. I raised the question about this particular brand being worth the asking price. As we all know, some things aren't worth the price no matter how cheap it is.

Gerry Avatar
Gerry Gold Member Gerry Masterman
Prairieville, LA, USA   USA
I have a set from HF. The casters on mine are crap Have tought of replacing the casters with something better but when I price good casters, 16 of them it get very expensive fast. Good casters are the secret of good car dollies.

okephoto Avatar
okephoto Kevin Oke
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
They appear identical to the set I bought from Harbor Freight so $50 for four sounds good. Work great! I also use them to move furniture around.

Mgb1967.com A restoration & historical journal
Mgb1967.com/mg-resource-directory/ MG Resource Directory

In the family for 50 years, and presently in what is becoming an expensive overhaul!

MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
In reply to # 3717876 by Gerry I have a set from HF. The casters on mine are crap Have tought of replacing the casters with something better but when I price good casters, 16 of them it get very expensive fast. Good casters are the secret of good car dollies.

I read about the casters being kinda crappy. I have plenty of grease. The car I would have them under is still a work project. My other B is drivable. I need something to make it easier to shove my project car against the wall so I can get the other two vehicles in and out. Just need to move it around when I'm working on it. I am pretty sure these are the same that HF sells.

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
Buy American made. "Car Guy Garage" Yep, it's all in the casters.

"Be yourself, because everybody else is already taken". - Oscar Wilde.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" - Phineas Quimby.

wvshoem Avatar
wvshoem William Shoemaker/V
Littleton, CO, USA   USA
I bought a set from HF. Greased them liberally and they have worked great. For $50 - go for it.

Decatur, IL, USA   USA
For $50 go for it, if you only have one (not heavy) car to use them with they are fine. I have a barn full of non running project & parts cars, a few years ago I bought a full set (4) of the self jacking Ranger dollies from Summit. One of the best purchases I ever made, allowed me to make a lot of extra space.They are also nice when pulling a vehicle with locked up brakes out of the corner of someone's garage.

Wachtmans Avatar
Wachtmans Wouter Strodijk
OVERVEEN, Noord Holland, Netherlands   NLD
1974 MG MGB "The Bee"
1974 MG MGB "The Bee"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "The Bee"
Who is CL. Would like to buy them Too.

MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
In reply to # 3718200 by Wachtmans Who is CL. Would like to buy them Too.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. CL is Craig'sList. It's a buy and sell website. This is just one set from a single local seller.

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
ANTHONY The ones with the Steel wheels work fine. The HF PAINO HOLLYS, with the black hard rubber wheels go flat after awhile with weight on them. Pass on those. smileys with beer

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster