AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jmchugh Jim McHugh
Shelton, CT, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
I had the same problem with my '79 with an SU conversion. It would happen and then disappear. It turned out to be the wire to the original choke assembly. It would periodically short out. See if you can find an extra wire and tape it off. My two cents.
Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
awjensen467 Avatar
awjensen467 Adam Jensen
Tremonton, UT, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
Thank you everyone. Lots of good ideas. I will work through them and once diagnosed I will report back. I love this forum. Everyone is extremely helpful.

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
In reply to # 3717726 by Wachtmans Fuel pump. My 2 cents. Get a Hardi electronic one.

I have a hardi.
It pushes 5 PSI

can I pump through it or do I have to remove it and splice the hoses together?

I got a 3PSI pump and it doesn't fit the hole in the trunk correctly.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
Hey Adam,

check your connections at fusebox, specifically the third fuse down, white wire connections.
When it happened to me I would lose turn signals and gauges too. Turned out to be the white's connections to the fusebox, and to each other..

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster