AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MCCT Avatar
MCCT Charles Tisdall
New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
1967 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT
HI all,want to renew my interior light bulbs in the 74 Gt..what power should they be please?I tried reverse light bulbs but they are way too big
thanks
CT

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
IDK which interior light you have there's three here each with a different part number. If you pick your bulb and then look here for dimensions.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 06:23 AM by MGB567.

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
the festoon bulb for your courtesy light should be 5/6 watts. The reverse light is 15 watts.

B

Check your ego Amigo!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Gokart Avatar
Gokart Silver Member Rob Illingworth
Palmerston North, Manawatu, New Zealand   NZL
Charles,

Mine are both #29 festoon (GLB239) in the ref to the bulbs only that Barrie gave. They fit into both #10 and #35 fittings in the fist reference.

I went to Jay Car and picked up led replacements. They fit in fairly loosely and the rear one my dog was always knocking so I replaced the whole light with a modern fitting that sits a bit flatter and is not so easy to fall apart.

Cheers Rob

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
Sorry, I thought the question was 'electrical'

The 'mechanical' answer is 37mm long festoon bulb.

B

Check your ego Amigo!

MCCT Avatar
MCCT Charles Tisdall
New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
1967 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT
Brilliant thanks Guys..I had stuffed up the wiring connections ,so corrected that and they work when doors open now!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links