Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PeoriaMac Avatar
PeoriaMac Gold Member Tom McIntyre
Washington, IL, USA   USA
So, PBS is showing the British tv detective show "Unforgotten". The London detectives, seeking to find information about a person killed in the 1970's track down the "Morton" automobile he owned. It's found in a wrecker's yard with vital evidence in the trunk...
Say, that vehicle looks familiar.....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
i852025.jpg    19.2 KB
i852025.jpg

GlennMGB Avatar
GlennMGB Silver Member Glenn G
Fort Worth, TX, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "Rose"
That reminds me of the time I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts to get an oil filter for my MGB GT. The clerk had difficulty with the alphabet, and could not find MG in his list. So he tried to convince me that my car was actually a Morgan. I went with it for a while, thinking a Morgan might have the same filter, but finally had to insist that he look up the correct car.

balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Gold Member Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
that's a GT with the roof cut off.....................

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
markbt73 Avatar
markbt73 Mark Tucker
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB GT "Maggie"
In reply to # 3718227 by GlennMGB That reminds me of the time I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts to get an oil filter for my MGB GT. The clerk had difficulty with the alphabet, and could not find MG in his list. So he tried to convince me that my car was actually a Morgan. I went with it for a while, thinking a Morgan might have the same filter, but finally had to insist that he look up the correct car.

Last year I went to Autozone looking for something for my car (don't recall what), and the kid behind the counter had never heard of an MG. I gave up and left, and on my way out the door, spotted a rack of washing/waxing products, advertised by a large photo of a smiling girl... washing an MGB. I didn't bother to point it out.

1971 MGB GT - the project; 2002 Saturn SC1 - the daily driver; 1996 Ford Explorer XLT - the workhorse
"The more I learn, the less I realize I know."

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
In reply to # 3718245 by balloonfoot that's a GT with the roof cut off.....................

Definitely NOT a GT, Lloyd. but the rear bulkhead has been removed from the CB B.

TO the OP that is a Morton Garage D also known as an MGD. eye rolling smiley

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
Brendon9889 Avatar
Brendon9889 Brendon Hagarty
Perth, Western Australia, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB MkI "B1"
1967 MG MGB MkI "Eric The Half A Bee"
1970 MG MGB MkII "B2"
In reply to # 3718450 by spikemichael
In reply to # 3718245 by balloonfoot that's a GT with the roof cut off.....................

Definitely NOT a GT, Lloyd. but the rear bulkhead has been removed from the CB B.

TO the OP that is a Morton Garage D also known as an MGD. eye rolling smiley

Is is most definitely a GT with the roof cut off. Look at the windscreen - dead giveaway. Then look at the boot (trunk) apperture - along the sides you can see where the roof pillars have been cut.

dryden Avatar
dryden Clive Dryden-Chouen
Gloucester, Forest of Dean, UK   GBR
Looks like they were trying to make a drop head coupe....

Attachments:
DSCN0694.jpg    60 KB
DSCN0694.jpg

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
That is a GT , was !

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
Betting against Lloyd will steer you wrong more often than betting against the New England Patriots. Just sayin'. winking smiley

Disclaimer: I am not a Patriots fan.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster