MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

Last Corvette is gone.....maybe time for another MGB?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ingoldsb Avatar
ingoldsb Silver Member Terry Ingoldsby
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB
Quote: 13 ). Change oil to 20 / 50

Touche! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(For those that don't know, I run 5w-50 synthetic)

14) I forgot - the radiator is aluminum.

Terry Ingoldsby
terry.ingoldsby@DCExperts.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 Silver Member George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Lloyd,

You are a bit out of the loop on Marin prices. Actually, Marin is a pretty big county and you may find something in the outback that you can buy for a mil. We've been looking at that area.

I'd love to have a 20 X 20 shop. But I don't have a mil for that either. devil smiley

In reply to # 3717830 by balloonfoot
In reply to # 3717762 by Aridgerunner Lloyd, make your life easy and move to almost any other state. California could make your life miserable due to so many restrictions.

Bill....I hear ya. I moved out of Southern California 12 years ago....after being there for 34 years. It was the place to be in the car world during the 70s, but it got progressively worse. You don't realize how bad it is until you move away. Car life is a piece of cake here in Texas, but all my wife's family is in Northern California. The car deal is the least of my problems really......its the fact you have to pay 1 million for a 50's Marin County tract shack that gets me. As a bonus you may also get a 20 x 20 garage if you're lucky. Another reason I'm not looking for a project.

---
GEO

GMB3 Avatar
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Property taxes in the Garden State are far greater than those of the Golden State. Both ag centers of the USA though.

In reply to # 3717854 by dohc281 I would love to have a 20’x20’ garage.

---
GEO

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Gold Member Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 3718084 by GMB3 Lloyd, since you speak disparagingly of Cali, why move?

You know, it's expen$sive here?

George, that is a very good question. As stated, my wife's family is there so I'm kinda stuck with the move. When we moved out 12 years ago, we took a huge windfall profit on our house sale with us. There are many areas of California that are sort of affordable.....Marin County is not one of them. Wifey grew up in San Rafael and that area is where we are looking. The housing stock is old, but I can accept that. Garages are not "standard". I can accept that as well. Property taxes are very high. For all of that you get infrastructure that is in bad shape and dysfunctional government. Like I said, I'm stuck. At least I know what I will be faced with and not try to bring in a car that will be nothing but a headache.

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
Lloyd...If you don't end up with a shop, or a job working at a shop like you did in Texas,your eternally patient wife is going to have to put up with you more than she is used to. No good ever comes of that!

Does this move also men that the missus done lawyering?

Pete

balloonfoot Avatar
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 3718104 by GMB3 Lloyd,

You are a bit out of the loop on Marin prices. Actually, Marin is a pretty big county and you may find something in the outback that you can buy for a mil. We've been looking at that area.

George, actually I'm not. I watch the market every few days on Realtor.com. My sister-in-law checks everything for us. She's a realtor. We don't want to live in the outback. Hillside lots with fairly cool houses often don't have garages. We are very familiar with the area. Everything is a trade off.

For example, we could live here, but no garage and the selling price likely will get bid up over 1 mil. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/533-Tamalpais-Dr_Mill-Valley_CA_94941_M11549-70137#photo17

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 03:29 PM by balloonfoot.

balloonfoot Avatar
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 3718115 by NOHOME Lloyd...If you don't end up with a shop, or a job working at a shop like you did in Texas,your eternally patient wife is going to have to put up with you more than she is used to. No good ever comes of that!

Pete

Pete....I'm good ! ! In order to buy back into Marin the wifey is going to have to work forever.

You going to Gettysburg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 03:24 PM by balloonfoot.

GMB3 Avatar
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Lloyd,

I'm glad you know what you are getting in to. At least she can charge Marin hourlie$.

I may be a minority but I like Cali.

In reply to # 3718128 by balloonfoot
In reply to # 3718115 by NOHOME Lloyd...If you don't end up with a shop, or a job working at a shop like you did in Texas,your eternally patient wife is going to have to put up with you more than she is used to. No good ever comes of that!

Pete

Pete....I'm good ! ! In order to buy back into Marin the wifey is going to have to work forever.

You going to Gettysburg?

---
GEO

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Gold Member Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, NJ, USA   USA
Don’t even get me started on property taxes in this state. If I could I would be living in Delaware where the yearly property taxes equal what I pay for one month.

In reply to # 3718107 by GMB3 Property taxes in the Garden State are far greater than those of the Golden State. Both ag centers of the USA though.

In reply to # 3717854 by dohc281 I would love to have a 20’x20’ garage.

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Gold Member Richard Fawthrop
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
It is supposed to say roll bar removal.
I was trying to type while riding a ferry in rough weather.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3718276 by Rick Fawthrop It is supposed to say roll bar removal.
I was trying to type while riding a ferry in rough weather.

Safe journey!

angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Roanoke, VA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "The Midget"
I miss Northern California,& the people (I lived in the Eureka area -
all my life,before moving to VA).I don't miss the much higher cost of living,or
the restrictions (most auto related).The crime,& taxes,have gone way up.

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3718128 by balloonfoot

Pete

You going to Gettysburg?

Unfortunately, the gatherings are pretty much aimed at retired people since they eat up a week of time. Between full time job, doing tin for the afflicted and the Molvo, time is just not there. While I am desperately trying to get retired, it is proving hard to do so due to some commitments I have made to my employer.

The other side of the coin is that I want to finish the Molvo before I abandon a steady cash flow.

Pete

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
Ya don't get vacations in Canada? winking smiley

You would feel much more at home hanging out with us at the British V8 Meet in Dayton, OH in July. thumbs up

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3718584 by V8MGBV8 Ya don't get vacations in Canada? winking smiley

You would feel much more at home hanging out with us at the British V8 Meet in Dayton, OH in July. thumbs up

Probably more truth than poetry in that last sentence....

Pete

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster