MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

Are MGB roadsters the best value out there?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Thrust washers in the old TR-4 engine, sure, but just change them every year. Easy. Don't know about that on the 1500. I had the hardtop and OD in mine. Great fun. But when I noticed I did not want to move several cars around to get to it and just took the Acura, I let it go. Besides, I have large feet and almost got killed a couple of times when my foot got caught on the steering column instead of hitting the brake. Otherwise, I'd have a GT-6

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
daharleydude Avatar
daharleydude Silver Member John K
Ashevillle, NC, USA   USA
Probably one of the prettiest cars out there but unfortunately getting a little more expensive now (like all cars) is the VW Karmann Ghia. One of the things about the car is that the ladies really like it a lot. I won with this car "Ladies Choice Award" in some antique car shows. For some reason, the female species really like this car.

Attachments:
P1000441.jpg    71.5 KB
P1000441.jpg

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
Air cooled VW parts have gone up a lot relatively speaking. MG parts are a lot cheaper.

$1000 for a new case that used to cost $199?

No thanks....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Joebunda90 Peter Charles
Bealeton, VA, USA   USA
The Miata/MX-5 was the feature car in the 2015 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. The back page of the program had a side-by-side comparison of the MGB and the Miata. It was startling that all the major measurements were nearly identical. The only glaring differences were the horsepower, air conditioning, and anti-lock brakes! smiling smiley

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
I find a certain irony in people trying to assign "Value" to a machine that is first and foremost an emotional ( aka subjective) acquisition. To the scrap-man buying them by the pound, they all have the exact same value.

The "value proposition" for a sports car is that like a key, it slots into some individual kink and makes the owner feel good.

I would argue that a Ferarri 250 GTO is a better value than an MGB because it is not only a way more cooler car to own, that will impress more peoples, but it will also sell for more than you paid.

When it comes to value propositions, it does not follow that someone not being not able to afford it, makes it expensive.

Pete

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster