This topic is about my 1969 MG MGC
lewmac Avatar
lewmac Silver Member Lew McAllan
Hawthorn Woods, Chicago, IL, USA   USA
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six "SOLD To Switzerland" ~ For Sale ! ~
1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Buggy"
1968 Austin-Healey Sprite "Bluey"
1969 MG MGC "Greeny"
Does anyone know of a source for a roll bar to fit under a folding soft top for a 1969 MGB or MGC ? Need the roof to clear the roll bar.
Thanks
Lew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 04:16 PM by lewmac.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
davidalancondon Avatar
davidalancondon david condon
hemigfordgrey, cambridgshire, UK   GBR
1968 MG MGC "HOOLIGAN"
Yes I have 1 on mine mgoc . Com about 130 dollars

Attachments:
IMG_0753.JPG    50.3 KB
IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG    81.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_0149.JPG    78.1 KB
IMG_0032.JPG    63.9 KB
lewmac Avatar
1969 MG MGC "Greeny"
Nice C and Jaguar.

Probably should have stated I am looking for a USA source for the roll bar !

Thanks
Lew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, ON, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Dangerous to your head in some situations unless you plan on wearing a helmet and a 5 point harness. Neither of the attached style of soft top will fold properly with one installed. I've removed many.

If you must have one Moss, and others sell them, or post on the BST forum here....there are probably some lurking in member garages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 04:37 PM by mgbanthony.

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
All the hyperbola about it being to short aside, I bought the last Boss Frog hoops. They clear both the soft and hard top, but I had to modify them to lean back more for my Miata seat position. Miata seatbacks are high enough to protect your head from hitting the bar and neck from whiplash. My main motivation was to be able to put the 3-point D ring at a higher than shoulder safe location. They provide the basic simple stop sign rear ender kind of accident, the most common. Face it, an MG is not a good car to get into a serious wreck in. If that is your concern, go buy a Subaru or something. None of the inside fitting bars will not do a thing for you in a roll over unless you are 4 feet tall. Besides, the windshield will collapse anyway.

If you search GOOGLE for MGB roll bars, you will find several that claim to fit under the top. Just be aware if they are too upright, you may be sitting in a very upright position right on the wheel.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

davidalancondon Avatar
davidalancondon david condon
hemigfordgrey, cambridgshire, UK   GBR
1968 MG MGC "HOOLIGAN"
Mine fits tight under the hood no problem racked supports bolted though the floor good enough for racing good enough for me. Got to be better than nothing 90 % of classic sports car have nothing Do you like this 1 it's a proper piece of kit

Attachments:
IMG_0151.JPG    86.1 KB
IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG    77.8 KB
IMG_0753.JPG    50.3 KB
lewmac Avatar
1969 MG MGC "Greeny"
I prefer the C !

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
I got mine bespoke but I had to revert to my OEM packaway bows and top to give clearance - why not get one built? I just asked Google about Boss Frog (although Scott says he got the last) - I didn't follow up but one of his suggestions was they've gone out of business???? I think David has an Aero but IDK who stocks in NA if that's your criterion. Yes it says '73 on but IDK why. Mind you that's not the type of roll bar I'd use. By having it built you can follow for eg SCCA rules about locating points and size of bars etc but you could ask your builder to lower the height of the hoop.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 07:24 PM by MGB567.

Diver648 Gold Member Warren Siringer
Tucson, AZ, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
1971 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Both of mine fit fine with the foldaway and the stowaway on the 67 and 74.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB MkIV

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links