AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bruce L. Wiley Avatar
Bruce L. Wiley Bruce Wiley
Vidalia, LA, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Daisy"
My car has been converted to neg earth. I ordered a new voltage stabilizer and when it arrived, I noticed it is for pos earth. Is there any way to make this work?
Bruce

"It's not ownership, it's a relationship."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ghnl Avatar
ghnl Silver Member Eric Russell
Mebane, NC, USA   USA
1961 MG MGA "Calvin"
Before you let all the smoke escape see if you can return it for the proper unit.

Eric Russell ~ Mebane, NC
1961 MGA #61, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1991 Honda ST1100

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
You can buy an IC for a few bucks. Return + and gut yours - ic install. Simple job

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ingoldsb Avatar
ingoldsb Silver Member Terry Ingoldsby
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB
Well - theoretically yes. But, you would have to electrically isolate it (and the instruments it services) from the chassis of the car while maintaining thermal conductivity. That, or replace the IC inside. Given the price of these units, just get the correct one.

Terry Ingoldsby
terry.ingoldsby@DCExperts.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 01:54 PM by ingoldsb.

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
x2.

In reply to # 3696588 by ingoldsb Well - theoretically yes. But, you would have to electrically isolate it (and the instruments it services) from the chassis of the car while maintaining thermal conductivity. That, or replace the IC inside. Given the price of these units, just get the correct one.

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Mine's in the "spares" bin - it's a bugger when the OEM wasn't polarity sensitive but the replacements are (and you don't read the fine print) - I've got a Limey's now. Fortunately the replacement Smiths fuel gauge I bought for the GT doesn't need a stabiliser.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster