Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
James, you need stickers on that bike, at least a "Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Imported Shrimp".

Rod, I was thinking about James vs Shawn/Liz, too. That was epic, James ran circles around him/her.

In reply to # 3696299 by lbcnut Wow, thanks for the kind words guys. Most of you have helped me out a lot in one way or another over the years with tools, labor, parts, advice (not just about cars), places to crash, and more. I never would have made it through the first trip without help from MGE'rs. Driven/ridden cross country 16 times in last 7 years, not to mention all the other little trips, and think I have met up with a MG friend almost every time, even in Cambodia... We're all family in a way, hope to keep seeing you all as I bounce around, even if you are a bunch of old farts...

Actually now that I think about it, I'm 27, bought my first MG at 13. So some of you have known me for over half my life, and watched me grow up from a know it all semi-responsible teenager into a clueless wandering fool. At least I learned a bit about MGs along the way. Very excited for the newest addition to the fleet, it's a real sweetheart of a rig.

Gotta go now, bike won't ride itself, still a lot of miles to go today...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
AzMarc Avatar
AzMarc Platinum Member Marc F.
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB "Fixty Three"
1980 MG MGB
Those were some of the funniest threads in the annals of this website!

In reply to # 3696803 by Wray James, you need stickers on that bike, at least a "Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Imported Shrimp".

Rod, I was thinking about James vs Shawn/Liz, too. That was epic, James ran circles around him/her.

Walk on air against your better judgement - Seamus Heaney

Check out http://earlymgb.com

bk Avatar
bk Bill Kiger
Thomasville, NC, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
1972 MG MGB
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT    & more
In reply to # 3696026 by Mark NC If he gets into ricer rockets I may have to consider disowning him-especially if they have fart cans!!!

Seriously, I am very proud of him. He’s following his dreams, having adventures and experiencing things a lot of us wish we had the cajones to do at his age (or at any age). I admire him for what he’s accomplished so far and can’t wait to see/hear what he tackles next.

Mark you did an outstanding job of raising James and giving him the passion for life He’s one in a million

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Lake Winneconne, WI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
I was fortunate enough early in my life to travel extensively...albeit in the service of the US Navy...and have gotten to 29 countries at last count. I have always encouraged my own "kids"(oldest is 30) to travel and explore young. Nothing really makes me more sad than seeing a group of "old people" being led around the usual tourist trap sites around the world just for the sake of seeing them. As we age, obviously we don't have the physical ability to climb mountains, dive, drive, ride or even just walk for miles at a time with barely a thought about it. We do more "seeing" than experiencing...which is a real shame.

I love reading that you're able to experience the world...and not just view it. Makes it SO much more enjoyable and will imprint many more lasting memories, smells, and tastes than watching it while being yelled at by someone speaking poor English through a megaphone.

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Roanoke, VA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "The Midget"
James,

Good to see you post again!
What's those "new fangled" bikes?

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
My first MG was a TD abandon on the roadside in about 1970 that I bought in 1972. What a wreck but I restored It. When I was ready for another I flew to LA with a tow bar as checked baggage. We checked the paper classifieds and check leads and found a TD MK2. I bought a rust and rot free car for $1800 in travelers checks and towed it home to PA behind a Drive Away car ( people hire a company to find drivers to bring cars home). The next one I flew to Leveland TX and drove it home.Western cars are worth the time and effort.

Seems like I've known James since before he could drive, at least drive legally .

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 09:35 PM by Gary E.

Mark Jones Avatar
Close to Sarnia, ON, Canada   CAN
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
1996 Land Rover Discovery
I've enjoyed the time that I have spent talking with both James and Mark, both great guys.

But don't just rejoice James' journeys and his life path, go out and have some of your own; do what you love to do. I enjoy hearing what James is up to, but I also enjoy my friends and my adventures and what I do on a daily basis.

Canadian Modern MG Rover Car Club - www.cmmgrcc.com

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

DB Wood Avatar
DB Wood Gold Member Daniel Wood
Tumalo, OR, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "Clyde"
1970 MG MGB GT
James came by after ABFM Portland a few years ago with the infamous RB B that had no back window and a cracked exhaust manifold, not to mention the creative alternator bungy mount. I donated an old manifold and we fixed a couple of other things but left that mount alone. He stayed the night and was off the next morning. He gives all of us old farts the respect that we like and his energy and enthusiasm is infectious. We can't help loving him and helping him in his adventures. Go James go!

Dan Wood
70BGT driver, OD, Pertronix, HS4's, Peco, .060 over, Elgin cam, Superlite wheels, poly bushings, panhard rod, rear tube shocks, 1" lowered front end, HD shock valves, etc, etc.
68 MGB rebuilt engine D9 cam balanced, still a work in process but runs real nice.
88 Saab SPG Turbo
86 Vanagon Westy (South African conversion engine 2.0 OHC 135HP)

Lucas= Loose
Unsoldered
Connections
And
Splices

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster