Rufus Gold Member Harry Singleton
Garland, TX, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT Special "Rusty"
1974 MG MGB GT "Krusty"
I told him when he was just a kid,

Have fun

ps, glad to hear he was listening

If ignorance is bliss, I must be the happiest man alive!
Signed

RUFUS
67 Roadster

Member Services:
Restoration Services. Complete SU carburetor rebuilding services. Complete SU carburetor sets available for RB retro-fit. SU's bought, any condition. MGB's bought and sold. Performance consultation. Rufus-h@hotmail.com 214-686-8692

Attachments:
Benoit Peeking.jpg    46.5 KB
Benoit Peeking.jpg

angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Roanoke, VA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "The Midget"
James came by our house (in CA) a couple of times,& got to meet him
many other times in the past few years.Very polite,humble,& knowledgeable guy.
When you talk to him,you feel like you're talking to an old Friend.
Now that I'm in Virginia,I'll probably never see him in this neck of the woods.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rod H. Avatar
Amity, OR, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1968 MG MGB GT
Two minutes looking at my '63 and James noticed someone had modded the gas pedal on my'63. I'd owned the car since 1973 and had never noticed it!

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. John Cage

'63 MGB
'68 MGBGT
'80 VW Vanagon Kombi
'09 Mazda 3 with 5 speed manual

JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, TN, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
I think Naomi Coe also knew his age long before he was outed. I've never had the good fortune to meet James, but one thing has always impressed me.....I don't ever recall seeing a post on the forum from him that was mean spirited, rude or argumentative. His posts were/are always respectful and informative. Mark and Mrs. Wolff have every reason to be proud of their offspring...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
AzMarc Avatar
AzMarc Platinum Member Marc F.
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB "Fixty Three"
1980 MG MGB
Good kid who knew early that one didn't need a lot of money to have serious fun.

Walk on air against your better judgement - Seamus Heaney

Check out http://earlymgb.com

lbcnut Avatar
lbcnut James Woolf
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
Wow, thanks for the kind words guys. Most of you have helped me out a lot in one way or another over the years with tools, labor, parts, advice (not just about cars), places to crash, and more. I never would have made it through the first trip without help from MGE'rs. Driven/ridden cross country 16 times in last 7 years, not to mention all the other little trips, and think I have met up with a MG friend almost every time, even in Cambodia... We're all family in a way, hope to keep seeing you all as I bounce around, even if you are a bunch of old farts...

Actually now that I think about it, I'm 27, bought my first MG at 13. So some of you have known me for over half my life, and watched me grow up from a know it all semi-responsible teenager into a clueless wandering fool. At least I learned a bit about MGs along the way. Very excited for the newest addition to the fleet, it's a real sweetheart of a rig.

Gotta go now, bike won't ride itself, still a lot of miles to go today...

Attachments:
20180312_150753.jpg    72.5 KB
20180312_150753.jpg

trmgb Avatar
trmgb todd martinez
littleton, CO, USA   USA
Cheers

72 engine, hif carbs, black od, rest of car stock

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
In reply to # 3696256 by JoeReed I think Naomi Coe also knew his age long before he was outed. I've never had the good fortune to meet James, but one thing has always impressed me.....I don't ever recall seeing a post on the forum from him that was mean spirited, rude or argumentative. His posts were/are always respectful and informative. Mark and Mrs. Wolff have every reason to be proud of their offspring...

I did too, he paid me a surprise visit when he was too young to drive, his mom drove him to the shop. Later when he got old enough to drive, he came back and spent a few days around shop and I helped learn to rebuild SUs. James is good people, it is easy to where he got it from knowing Mark smileys with beer

James is just living his life, a life most of us dream of. LBCs run in his blood, and will for a long time to come.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 07:11 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
1979 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
I met James a few years back and he spent a short time here. Wife fixed us all some dinner and just like that he was off in the night. I don't I made much of an impression on him but I enjoyed the vist.

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
1979 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
flash75 Clifton Gordon
Summerfield, FL, USA   USA
I first met James around 1998 at a car show in NC. He was looking for me because I
had made some posts on a MG forum. I have seen him several times since. He was
always polite when I talked to him. It's good to hear he is enjoying life doing things his
way.

Clifton

Rod H. Avatar
Amity, OR, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1968 MG MGB GT
Nobody has mentioned Shawn and his female counterpart "Liz". winking smiley

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. John Cage

'63 MGB
'68 MGBGT
'80 VW Vanagon Kombi
'09 Mazda 3 with 5 speed manual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 02:32 PM by Rod H..

29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1968 MG MGB GT "New Yeller"
1973 MG MGB GT "Eliza - FIRST PLACE - MG2013"    & more
I've had the pleasure of cooking pancakes for the "James Gang" in it's various make-ups over the last few years.

He comes down here and gets a really bad case of "Otisization". Causes lethargy, sleepiness, and general requirements for liquids.

(Otisization is a phenomenon observed only in a small town in rural coastal Oregon. Anecdotal research indicates it may not be fatal, but does indeed cause long lasting effects. Once inflicted, some sufferers have been known to lose entire days and weeks) Approval is in the works for a 36 million dollar study on this rare malady.

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

Toastno6 Avatar
Toastno6 Ben Booy
Seekonk, MA, USA   USA
On the road tripping topic and going out of your way to find the right car: on my search for a roadworthy (but cheap) MGB I found one on CL that was in southern NJ (I live in MA).

I had a ‘what the hell’ moment and set off at 5am the next morning, found a few places along the way that I’d wanted to visit, dropped in to an MG garage in NJ to see what they had and then continued the hour or two South to see the car.

Unfortunately the guy turned out to be a curbstoner with a clean Florida title in someone else’s name. Very helpfully he did offer to sign the other guys name on the title if it’d make me feel better.....

After that it occurred to me that Wilmington Delaware wasn’t that much further so I headed across the bridge to visit the neighborhood where my dad grew up and we used to visit from the UK as kids.

Then was just a matter of heading west so as not to cover old ground and finding my way home to MA again.

I got home at midnight after a nigh on 800 mile day trip. Overall it was a blast even though the car turned out to be a bust. It’s something im sure we all wish we could do more of.

Now that I have my (much more legitimate) MG there are plans afoot to run the NY Gambler 500 in May (In a friends lifted ‘82 Mercedes, not my MG) and then the LeMons Rally from Chicago to Santa Monica in October (in my MG).

It’s surprising, once you’re settled down, how hard it is to build momentum for even a little road trip. Hopefully this is the year to break out a bit....

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3696256 by JoeReed . Mark and Mrs. Wolff have every reason to be proud of their offspring...

Yes, they do!!! thumbs upthumbs up

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster