AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

LmBoise Avatar
LmBoise Gold Member Louis Miller
Boise, ID, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB
1977 MG MGB "Trouble"
Gerry,

Like everyone else I hate to see you getting out of the B’s. I am glad to hear you are sticking with the forum. I am not sure you remember, but you gave me great advise on how to fix the rear spring, front shakle point on my ‘63. While not on the road yet, the springs are in and the fix worked like a charm. The steering column is also smooth as butter.

Thanks for all you have done.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
reinstein Avatar
reinstein RT G
Staples, ON, Canada   CAN
2009 Porsche Cayman S "Color Me Gone"
I understand, I am in the same boat
As for me, physically worn out from working in construction for 40 years
Have owned and enjoyed quite a few English cars for the past 45 years
Pretty cold and tough laying on concrete anymore
Now downsizing and sold the 72B and the 54TF recently
Kept the Porsche
Been restoring a 1950 Peterborough Aquaflyer the past 3 years...should be finished sometime this year
Plan on spending more time hunting and fishing now

Attachments:
Peterborough boat pictures January 2018 002.jpg    44.8 KB
Peterborough boat pictures January 2018 002.jpg

melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
In reply to # 3696920 by reinstein
Been restoring a 1950 Peterborough Aquaflyer the past 3 years...should be finished sometime this year

Don't let Wyatt see that!!!

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Lake Winneconne, WI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Regardless of what you find to fill and stay busy...good luck to you!

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

Gokart Avatar
Gokart Silver Member Rob Illingworth
Palmerston North, Manawatu, New Zealand   NZL
Hey Gerry,

Things change, that's inevitable. You do what's best for you. Glad to hear you'll still be around MGE to give that sage advice some more.

I always find it interesting browsing around the different subjects. I mostly look for the familiar avatars, yours being one of the more familiar. I always stop and read what you have to say, looking at the OP and other posts for context. It quickly becomes apparent those that give good advice and those that don't, you certainly fit into the first of those categories.

Cheers Rob

limey222 Avatar
limey222 Silver Member Michael Cubbon
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB "Mandy"
I’m 68 this year and have had back problems ever since I started working on my 1969 MGB roadster which I purchased 3 years ago. I completely refurbished it, adding a GM 3.4-V6 and T5 transmisssion. Later added a Quaife LSD and am in the middle of installing a Bill Guzman 4-link rear suspension, I shoud have it finished this weekend. I have my doctor slowly weaning me off Norco pain killers. Sometimes it was hard getting in and out of my “B” but I have the same problem with my wife’s Miata. This winter we had some freezing rain followed by some snow. I slipped really badly on my sloping driveway and came down very hard hitting my head, back and buttocks equally hard, really knocked the wind out of me. As I lay there at first reluctant to move in case I had broken something I slowly moved things and eventually got up, none the worse for wear. The strange thing is that my back problems have diminished about 75% and I hardly get any pain now in my legs.....go figure

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
Please provide diagram of that fall..... I need one of those..

Gary

Soyokaze 72MGB Avatar
Soyokaze 72MGB Silver Member Ryan Foster
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan   JPN
1972 MG MGB "Bitty"
Many thanks for your help in the time you have been here. Best of luck with your next adventure!

Attachments:
IMG_7908.JPG    38.7 KB
IMG_7908.JPG

69GT Avatar
69GT Robert Tyree
Murrieta, CA, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "The B"
1975 MG MGB "Tangerine Sky"
Just want to chime in and say I have a;ways enjoyed and appreciated the comments and knowledge you've shared here over the years. I'm glad you'll still be around to continue doing so.

Cheers!

BrsMgbv6 Avatar
BrsMgbv6 Bryan Heidtman
SW ohio, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Uknown Cost"
geez Gerry, you ain't that old-get your aunt to come over and take to the ice cream..................nahhh, just kiddin'!!

we all get there, sometime, somewhere. Do what feels right-always respected your integrity here at the forum, and always will.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster