AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

melbaver Avatar
melbaver Gold Member Chris Howells
Broadwater NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Moneypit"
1996 Jeep Cherokee "Shopping Trolley"
As long as you stick around Gerry, we'll all be happy. When you sell, please do it one at a time, seeing one car depart down the driveway, may well give you renewed enthusiasm to finish the other one.

Chris Howells

1968 MGB Purchased already dis-assembled but which is largely back together so I'm a lot less ignorant.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BowB Avatar
BowB Stan Ross
Bow, WA, USA   USA
Gerry, of all the regular posts I always read yours with a taste of salty dog. I mean this as a compliment and as a newbie I've appreciated your take on all issues put forward. Here's hoping you'll continue your witty, yet down to earth reply's on issues meaningful. Your opinion is highly regarded. Stan

Rooby Avatar
Rooby Silver Member Phil Crowell
Sydney, Australia   AUS
1958 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Marty"
1966 MG MGB MkI "Ruby"
Sorry to hear that you've decided to move on from your "babies" Gerry. At least your pearls of wisdom will be here in MGE for as long as Skye keeps the servers running. Seeing your avatar on a message was always a good reason to stop and read.

Like some others here, I'm doing a lot more bending and stretching to get back and maintain some suppleness so I can leap into my B for a few more years. I've found that Reformer Pilates works for me. It looks a little like something from the Spanish Inquisition, but sure helps to get those joints moving. A shop lift also helps when working on the car.

Good luck Mate, and enjoy the less frustrating benchwork.smileys with beer

Phil Crowell
Sydney
Australia
1966 Mk1 MGB "Ruby"
1958 Bugeye Sprite "Marty"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Probie Avatar
Probie Gold Member Dwight M
Home, ON, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB MkIII "THE BABY"
Gerry... you can't leave. How will i ever figure out how to fix my steering column without your advice.

Iam sorry that you have to sell your cars... maybe give it some time. That yellow one looks great.
I look forward to your posts.. keep em coming.

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Does Blake have an interest in the cars maybe? It's been a good long run. Good luck on your future shop projects; back to guns?

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Gerry Avatar
Gerry Gold Member Gerry Masterman
Prairieville, LA, USA   USA
I don't know if Blake would be interested. Last I heard he had a BGT waiting in line for his restorations but that has been 5 years ago. Guns? no, that's history, too. When I moved into a subdivision I lost my firing range. People get PO'd if someone even fires an air gun here. I miss being able to shoot whatever/whenever I want. At some point I will be starting to cut my gun collection down, too. I don't have anything of real value but they all are valuable to me.

When my parents died, years ago I was left with the job of going through all of their possessions for disposal. I'm not fixin to die, as far as I know, but at some point in the future someone will have to do that job with my stuff. Just trying to makes things easier for whomever gets that job. The realities of age just has finally sunk into my thick skull.

BTW, for all those who suspect that I am leaving the BBS-I have no intent on leaving the BBS. MG oil makes up a major part of my blood. I still intend on doing the steering column thing, as long as I can.

In reply to # 3696452 by chris Does Blake have an interest in the cars maybe? It's been a good long run. Good luck on your future shop projects; back to guns?

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3696486 by Gerry
When my parents died, years ago I was left with the job of going through all of their possessions for disposal.

My parents seriously weeded out stuff when they moved out of their house of 41 years. I look at my junk, stuff that is worthless to anyone but me. Guitars & amps that my two kids have no clue as to what they really are worth. I feel bad for the mess I would leave behind. So, maybe it is time to lighten the load. I understand what you are facing. It is very hard letting go.

Midgnuts Avatar
Midgnuts Silver Member Dean Webb
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
Gerry,

Maybe you feel you can't walk the walk anymore but you can certainly continue to talk the talk here on the forum.
Hope so anyway !!!!!!!!!!!
DW

PS: at 73 getting in and out of my Brit cars takes some effort anymore but it keeps me younger and more flexible.
I'm working on a car horn, similar to a shoe horn but helps one slip into the lil cars easier. I'll let you know if I ever get it perfected.

Gerry Avatar
Gerry Gold Member Gerry Masterman
Prairieville, LA, USA   USA
Yep, to be honest that was the reason I bought the 78B-I thought that if I could no longer get in the BGT that I should be able to get in a RB B. It worked like that for 5 or so years but I have some work to do on the 78 that, at this point I am unable to do so both cars are no drivable. The GT needs very little to get it on the road, perhaps one weekend of finish work.

In reply to # 3696544 by Midgnuts Gerry,

Maybe you feel you can't walk the walk anymore but you can certainly continue to talk the talk here on the forum.
Hope so anyway !!!!!!!!!!!
DW

PS: at 73 getting in and out of my Brit cars takes some effort anymore but it keeps me younger and more flexible.
I'm working on a car horn, similar to a shoe horn but helps one slip into the lil cars easier. I'll let you know if I ever get it perfected.

geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, MS, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT
Gerry,

What are you asking for your cars?

Who's version of right are we talking about? When you get 10 LBC owners in a room you'll get 12 different answers.

TJS Avatar
TJS T J Smith
Soulbury, Bucks, UK   GBR
G

Sorry to hear you have decided to dispose of the MGBs, but pleased your valuable knowledge and experience will still be shared via MGE.

So what are going to replace them with? Something easier and more comfortable to use and work on ? I can recommend Series Land Rovers !!

matchdaddy Bill Entsminger
Grove City, OH, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Winnie"
I'm about at that point too. Love my B but it might be the time. Fewer than 500 miles last year and not being a spring chicken, I'm not sure I could change a flat sad smiley

Taddeo Avatar
Taddeo Gold Member Todd V
Batesville, GA, USA   USA
Can of fix a flat and a AAA card. Bonus...you save lots of weight leaving the spare tire and jack in the garage. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

In reply to # 3696761 by matchdaddy I'm about at that point too. Love my B but it might be the time. Fewer than 500 miles last year and not being a spring chicken, I'm not sure I could change a flat sad smiley

No original work of art was ever created by carefully coloring inside the lines.
1974 MGB No a/c, o/d, pw, pdl, ps, tilt, cruise, zoned heating, collision avoidance, backup cameras, or radio. Hey, that sounds like my Harleys!

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3696486 by Gerry I don't know if Blake would be interested. Last I heard he had a BGT waiting in line for his restorations but that has been 5 years ago. Guns? no, that's history, too. When I moved into a subdivision I lost my firing range. People get PO'd if someone even fires an air gun here. I miss being able to shoot whatever/whenever I want. At some point I will be starting to cut my gun collection down, too. I don't have anything of real value but they all are valuable to me.

When my parents died, years ago I was left with the job of going through all of their possessions for disposal. I'm not fixin to die, as far as I know, but at some point in the future someone will have to do that job with my stuff. Just trying to makes things easier for whomever gets that job. The realities of age just has finally sunk into my thick skull.

BTW, for all those who suspect that I am leaving the BBS-I have no intent on leaving the BBS. MG oil makes up a major part of my blood. I still intend on doing the steering column thing, as long as I can.

In reply to # 3696452 by chris Does Blake have an interest in the cars maybe? It's been a good long run. Good luck on your future shop projects; back to guns?

yeah. I was supposed to go first and have been trying to cut the addiction, but Jane cut the line so I've been dealing with all of her collections. It's hard both from the physical end of it but also the mental end of it. I almost feel like telling Cassady to take what he wants then burn it to the ground.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
DonnyB Avatar
DonnyB Donald Bartley
Valparaiso, IN, USA   USA
Gerry; Like all the others you helped me as well, and I want to Thank You again. I'm older (62), and only got into B's a few years ago , because of the leg room. I'm 6'-3" There's something I started a few years ago that I swear by. It's a stretching and alignment yoga based morning routine I feel would help anyone to be more limber with less pain. Just follow the yard sale DVD, that's all I did. WOW it works ! Hope this could help you as well. Good luck, in what ever you do. Donny B

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster