Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Gerry Avatar
Gerry Gold Member Gerry Masterman
Prairieville, LA, USA   USA
After many years of loving and owning MGBs I have reluctantly decided to give them up. Unable to continue to work/enjoy them so there's no point in leaving them in my shop. Neither have been touched in years. They deserve better. Looking to move on to something I can still enjoy my shop for. If anyone is interested in a package deal in south Louisiana check out the buy, sell & trade section. Two stalled restorations and lots of spares

I still intend on rebuilding steering columns and selling kits to do the same as long as I have parts.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mowog1 Avatar
mowog1 Gold Member Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, IL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"    & more
Sorry to hear this, but I certainly understand.

I also know that you'll remain a regular here, right?!

1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
Gerry,
We will all arrive at this point in our LBC stewardship. I know you leave reluctantly but I know without regret. thumbs up

Keep well

Bruce

Check your ego Amigo!

lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
Sorry to here this Gerry. I hope you will still pass on your wisdom and delightful Cajun insight.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Southern Man Avatar
Southern Man Skip C
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
Gerry,

I hope you find something that you really enjoy. And I hope you do stay plugged in. You were one of the guys I most looked forward to reading whatever you had to say.

Swamperca Avatar
Swamperca Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "C-Rod"
1971 MG MGB "Rubee"
1974 MG MGB "Groovy B"
Bench work is getting more appealing to many of us. Good Luck

Gerry Avatar
I don't think that I am leaving here quite so soon. Been here for nearly 20 years and intend on staying around for a while longer. I just cannot get in and out of a MG like I used to, or under one, either. Whatever I move on to will have to be much easier on the back.

danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan H
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB MkIII "Simply, A Great B!"
There's no doubt your contributions are significant especially the steering columne gave me some good tips. I'm sure your British cars will sell well.

1st Place Winner ABFM Portland Oregon 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016!
Email me for questions or needs, I'll respond promptly! dan@allpointsorganized.com
Life. Positively in order.

Gerry Avatar
My babies

Attachments:
IMG_0089.JPG    60.7 KB
IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG    42.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Find a Series 1 Land Rover lift not required, 7/16 wrench and a screw driver gets access to most parts. Worth far more when completed.
Your brain source is always needed
Good luck on your new future smileys with beer

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Attachments:
20160927_110401.jpg    81.2 KB
20160927_110401.jpg

miatadon Avatar
miatadon Silver Member Don Scott
Calistoga, CA, USA   USA
Gerry, I understand. I spend time and money on old MGs, and then drive not-so-old Japanese cars when I need to go somewhere. I've bailed on MGs in the past, and then regretted it, then came back to them. It really is a nostalgia issue for me to have and mess around with old MGs.

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Sounds familiar, I will be forced to do the same in the future although it is not caused by my back, but more and more stifness in my body. Clock is ticking for the oldies amongst us eye rolling smiley

Sorry to see you stop the main reason for this hobby: driving the B. Fortunately your steering expertise will still be able us to serve our needs as it did mine in the past smileys with beer

PS First it was Ernie in doubt and then gone, now you, who comes next? sad smiley

In reply to # 3695792 by Gerry I don't think that I am leaving here quite so soon. Been here for nearly 20 years and intend on staying around for a while longer. I just cannot get in and out of a MG like I used to, or under one, either. Whatever I move on to will have to be much easier on the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 11:47 AM by Donthuis.

Gerry Avatar
Looking back I have seen a lot of members leave for one reason or another. None of us are getting any younger. I wonder how many members have died since day one here? I also wonder how many of the original family are still around? I don't think there are many left with more time here than me.

Ahmed Avatar
Ahmed Silver Member Ahmed EL Abasiry
Chestermere, AB, Canada   CAN
1958 MG MGA
1972 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Gerry,
Sorry to hear that, but I totally understand. I still hope you will be around the forum. Your contributions and ideas are valued by many and it is always nice to read your comments and experience.

I wish you were closer. I would have probably raided your shop to buy some goodies..Best of luck with the sale. smileys with beer

"... the motor car, after woman, is the most fragile and capricious thing on earth." - London Daily Mail 1908

saanich2006 Avatar
saanich2006 Robert Browning
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
PM sent

"He had delusions of adequacy."

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster