Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Old Salt Gold Member David Yager
Bushnell, FL, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
New carpet kit scheduled to delivered today so started on removal of old carpet. Got the seats and console out, pulled the old carpeting and was surprised by the condition of the floor boards. This was a Michigan car and I am very pleased today.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20180213_131301_815.jpg    33.8 KB
IMG_20180213_131301_815.jpg

IMG_20180213_131320_720.jpg    40.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Simon Austin Avatar
Very impressive! thumbs up

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1968 MG MGB GT "New Yeller"
1973 MG MGB GT "Eliza - FIRST PLACE - MG2013"    & more
Purdy dern clean to me. Congrats on finding the only rust free car from up there.

Must have been stored in a vacuum chamber.

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lawmann Avatar
lawmann Gold Member Shaun Johnson
Kathleen, GA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "Old Blue"
Very impressive, you should be pleased!

Shaun Johnson
1972 MGB Tourer, Second Owner

Bushnell, FL, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
It had been stored in a barn for 20+ years when I bought it. A whole lot of labor and not much money in it to get in the condition it is in today. It has really been a pleasure bringing this car back.

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
From the looks of that nice seatbelt, your telling me! Good snag. Mine has original floor pans. Looks very similar to my east coast car that sat in a garage barely used. Nice to know there still out there. thumbs up

"Be yourself, because everybody else is already taken". - Oscar Wilde.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" - Phineas Quimby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 04:10 AM by albeegreen1.

CederholmC Avatar
CederholmC Gold Member Carl E. Cederholm
BROOKLYN, NY, USA   USA
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air "The Sled"
1969 MG MGB GT "Supercharged"
1972 MG MGB "Brooklyn B"
1981 Toyota Land Cruiser
Go buy a lottery ticket - you are a lucky man!

~ Carl

1972 MGB roadster - 30 over, fast road cam, full peco exhaust, Jeff S. rebuilt 45D Eurospec, Jimmy H. rebuilt HIF4s prestige interior, hood and tonneau cover, Dayton 72 spoke chrome wires, custom center console

1969 MGB GT - Eaton M-45 supercharger, TT stainless exhaust, Jeff S re-curved 25D

MG Cruiser Avatar
MG Cruiser Gold Member Keith Delta4
Rockingham, WA, Australia   AUS
1970 MG MGB "Moneypit"
Hi David, today is the day you buy a Lottery ticket! Good luck, Keith

cstrong45 Avatar
cstrong45 Charles Strong
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA   USA
Here I thought you found a handfull of change under the seats.cool smiley

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
WOW: Is the Mileage original, and what is it ??????? .....................................

Member Services:
ingoldsb Avatar
ingoldsb Silver Member Terry Ingoldsby
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB
Wow!

Terry Ingoldsby
terry.ingoldsby@DCExperts.com

Rod H. Avatar
Amity, OR, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1968 MG MGB GT
When I saw the photos I thought it must be an MGBGT, but then saw that it's a convertible. Yes...wow!

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. John Cage

'63 MGB
'68 MGBGT
'80 VW Vanagon Kombi
'09 Mazda 3 with 5 speed manual

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
And not a drop of anti-rust solution to be seen, the floor boards survived unprotected eye popping smiley

I put lots of Waxoyl on them and glued plastic to the underside of the mats so the Waxoyl was not soaked up. Still, an old 10 Guilder note I had hidden for a possible emergency gasstation stop at night was found back dry and undamaged as ever. No longer valid of course so many years after converting to the Euro currency (and night pumps no longer work on banknotes) eye rolling smiley

Bushnell, FL, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
Joe. The mileage is original and it's 78,000. 75 PSI oil pressure at 2400 RPM / 45 at idle when warmed up and doesn't burn oil, not even a puff of smoke when starting. Did have to replace all the rubber on the car, Hoses, bushings, clutch and brake system external and internal seals. New seat foams/webbing and soft top last week. So hopefully my daily driver in a couple of more weeks.

Chriswatts Avatar
Chriswatts Silver Member Chris Watts
WISBECH, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1975 MG MGB "JMMY"
Excellent !!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster