AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

66blacksmith Avatar
66blacksmith James Hewitt
Big Bend, WI, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
Has anyone had any experience with the Spectra fuel tanks from Auto Anything? How about British Parts Northwest or Victoria British? They all have low prices but I don't want poor quality.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Richard Fawthrop
Langley, WA, USA   USA
Spectra tanks are good.
BP Northwest is a good company.
Victoria British is my least favorite vendor.

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Gold Member Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, NJ, USA   USA
I bought a Spectra tank this past spring. The MG vendor I used gave me a very good price plus they were within driving distance to pick it up so there was no shipping charge. It was a perfect fit with no issues what so ever.

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
greysailor Avatar
greysailor Silver Member Grant Hill
Cypress, CA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Vroom"
1974 MG MGB GT "Pumpkin"
Call Basil Adams.
He can get the Spectra or the versions sold by Moss and BPNW.
The Spectras' are not painted. No drain plug or baffles

I recently installed the 16 gal tourer tank. Comes already painted, drain plug and baffles.

Very please with it.

Good Luck

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Many topics on MGE about Spectra tanks and vendors - search is your friend. Some have "issues" about exterior painting and "does it have baffles". I replaced my Mk1's with a powdercoated & baffled NRP2 from M-E about 4 years ago but prices have since risen markedly. Mine was at my doorstep for <$A170 (included airfreight and a 5day turnaround) - those were the days! And don't forget to read the topics about the rubber strips on top!

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Spectra is good. I sell them from BPNW. Shipping is $8.00.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
mgjoc Avatar
mgjoc Gold Member Dennis Rainey
Albertville, AL, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Roscoe"
1970 MG MGB MkII "Benny"
This past summer, I installed a new Spectra from Basil in my '65 and I'm very pleased with the results. No issues.

Cheers - Dennis

"Quality is long remembered after cost is forgotten" - Sir Henry Royce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 08:28 AM by mgjoc.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 MG MGA 1600 De Luxe

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links