AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rcflyboy Avatar
rcflyboy Greg Mitchell
Warragul, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1974 MG MGB MkII "Oscar The MG"
Hi guys I have a rear boor rack on my mgb , was there ever a case available to fit on it
I’d like a proper retro one to match car
Looked at old suit cases I think they are a bit big
Any ideas

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
There is real nice leather one available from Moss for $579.95 U.S. plus shipping of course.

Attachments:
222-769_1.jpg    4.9 KB
222-769_1.jpg

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
Hi Greg,
I looked on Etsy and found some cool old cases, bought a psychedelic cloth bag with leather handles with a Concorde tag from BA for my Jamaican and I use my old TWA nav kit for my MG. I think you could find the size (and price) you're looking for on the Etsy sight. It's kind of like a textile eBay.
Chris...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
malski Avatar
malski Silver Member Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   AUS
Luggage racks were offered by a number of accessories suppliers back in the day. To my knowledge there was no dedicated luggage to match. I have a period leather suitcase that I use with both my TC and GT and will do with my upcoming roadster rebuild which I will fit with a luggage rack.

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967) Supercharged - under restoration
MGTC (1949)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 03:57 AM by malski.

Wachtmans Avatar
Wachtmans Wouter Strodijk
OVERVEEN, Noord Holland, Netherlands   NLD
1974 MG MGB "The Bee"
1974 MG MGB "The Bee"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "The Bee"
Don't like luggage racks so much. I like the sleek looks of the tail. But when you like it, a period leather suitcase with leather belts and steel buckles is the nicest.

Attachments:
CIMG1414.JPG    66.9 KB
CIMG1414.JPG

Suitcase.jpg    62.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
They had pretty much fazed out leather suitcases as common suitcases here by the 60's..
So do you want to stay period correct for the era of 74'...or the sixties ..or not concerned at all ?
Leather suitcases seemed more widely used in the era of the T series , but still look ok on the B's..
I let one go at a second hand shop for 90.00...right size and great nick ... I don't know why ?..probably because I already have a more period correct one for Oz.?

I have one from the sixties ( also from a second hand shop ).. has a name and town ( Bundaberg Qld ) inside of it ..Airways brand

Maybe have patience and try second hand and bric a brac places ...there is a place on facebook from down your way I think , that has them occasionally .

Attachments:
MGB suitcase.jpg    42.6 KB
MGB suitcase.jpg

MGB suitcase 2.jpg    36.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Al Ben Al Benvenuti
Dundas, ON, Canada   CAN
1968 MG MGB MkII "Super Bee"
I saved the 1960's 'Estate' cases and will make leather straps to attach when I get there. I have a spare boot lid and will put the luggage rack on it ; keeping my original lid intact .

Attachments:
IMG_0601.JPG    34.6 KB
IMG_0601.JPG

tedjr Avatar
tedjr Silver Member Ted R. Schneider Jr.
Akron, OH, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Ruby"
1974 MG MGB GT "The Orphan"
Years ago, I opted for the "picnic basket" style. Had all the plates and cups and utensils, perfect for showing a car event or an off-road picnic.
Found one on ebay for $25.

tedjr

1974 MGB "Ruby" and 1974 MGB GT "Orphan"
MGExperience Journal
ENMGR

rcflyboy Avatar
rcflyboy Greg Mitchell
Warragul, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1974 MG MGB MkII "Oscar The MG"
Thanks looks like I have to decide on 1970,s cases or the early 30,s to 60,s leather cases which ar not true period
Mmmmm

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
Leather cases never went out of style, they were just expensive. My leather nav kit pilot/doctors bag was made for me, with gold monogramming, in 1988 when I got on TWA.
Chris...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 MG Midget MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links