AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

markrush Avatar
markrush Gold Member Mark R.
Vallecito, CA, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "MGB Roadster"
George,
That picture looks like it came off an old Fifth Dimension album. "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius....Aquarius"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 Silver Member George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
It's Asian, definitely not the age of Aquarius. I'm from that time, and still live in that area.

I have a cople of "Hawaiian" shirts with similar motifs.

In reply to # 3660144 by markrush George,
That picture looks like it came off an old Fifth Dimension album. "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius....Aquarius"

---
GEO

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
We wrapped our ITE enduro car back before plasti-dip became big and it held up well. Whole roll was ~$300 back then. Why not shoot it w/ plasi-dip in the driveway? It'll come out cheaper and yuo can always peel it off if you don't like it. I'd say $155 isn't bad as a top that small would be a pain to wrap.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
markrush Avatar
Vallecito, CA, USA   USA
I have tried black PlastiDip on my Snugtop. I just used rattle cans but have not been too happy with the result. I peeled and reapplied it again, but also came out with waves representing my spray swaths. The Snugtop has a fake vinyl pebble texture to it, so the effect looks a lot like a vinyl top, but I'm not real happy with it. It's also hard to clean.

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
In reply to # 3660179 by markrush I have tried black PlastiDip on my Snugtop. I just used rattle cans but have not been too happy with the result. I peeled and reapplied it again, but also came out with waves representing my spray swaths. The Snugtop has a fake vinyl pebble texture to it, so the effect looks a lot like a vinyl top, but I'm not real happy with it. It's also hard to clean.

What about buying it in a quart and spray or roll it on? Roller will definitely give some texture. I rolled over a vinyl top once and it looked pretty good.

How 'bout dis?

https://images.craigslist.org/00000_efQtWXPaWAy_600x450.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 09:15 PM by GeorgeOhr.

46er Avatar
46er Ralph K
Coastal, NJ, USA   USA
I've been considering putting just the Union Jack on mine. Not sure it can be done for just the top of the top and if the top finish has a pebble grain, but there are a lot of shops around here that do it. Probably stop in some time and show them.

markrush Avatar
Vallecito, CA, USA   USA
How 'bout dis?
George, That car in the picture really gets your attention,; Your eyes fix on it, sort of like a bad toupee.

GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 Silver Member George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
thumbs up

In reply to # 3660533 by markrush How 'bout dis?
George, That car in the picture really gets your attention,; Your eyes fix on it, sort of like a bad toupee.

---
GEO

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster