MGB & GT Forum

Paint Question

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BumbleB74 Avatar
BumbleB74 William Milholen
Tidewater, Tidewater VA, USA   USA
If you are to spray that mix, by ALL means buy a respirator with active charcoal filters. Cost you about $35 at big box store, and WELL worth it. For small brush work, you'll be fine.

For small areas, I have even airbrushed this kind of paint with good success. But again, respirator is a MUSH along with goggles.

Just follow the directions as far as temperature range. Don't be surprised if it needs to be 70F or hotter.

You CAN mix it in plastic "cup" as long as it is one meant for paint work. A paint or fiberglass shop has mixing cups which are graduated for various mix ratios when you are doing it for a spray gun. Those work just fine.

This paint you can clean up the mix cup and brushes with lacquer thinner.

1974-1/2 Roadster, "Bumble Bee", Corvette Yellow - in shambles, wire wheels
1976 Roadster, "Virus", Sandglow - "driver" condition (stock + 32/36 Weber DGEV, cast iron header, 25D distributor), bolt on wheels, ON the road!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-14 02:30 PM by BumbleB74.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster