Throttle Cable Replaced with Bicycle Cable How To with Pix

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

thirdgenbird Casey F
*, IA, USA   USA
I've been thinking about this too. My new cable feels like crap in comparison to a proper stainless cable and lined housing.

1980 LE, chrome bumpers, lowered, Cobra classic rs seats, Moss Supercharger, APT supercharger cam, ARP studs, Advanced Distributors 25D, TT header and exhaust

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
33EJB Avatar
33EJB Tim C
LS, Eastern Ontario, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGB
In reply to # 3548044 by Steven 67GT So it's either carry a spare throttle cable or Vincent in the trunk? smiling smiley

I like that idea... a much cuter version of a trunk monkey...

lawnvett Avatar
lawnvett Silver Member P.J. Lenihan
Winston-Salem, N.C., USA   USA
Michael

I'm giving you a standing ovation for involving your grandson in you project.

PJ

Don't postpone joy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
tybee island standint in h20 MG GROUP.jpg    39.5 KB
tybee island standint in h20 MG GROUP.jpg

wallyween Wally Ween (Disabled)
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
Hopefully the $6 bike cable holds up to the heat. Sometimes they don;t

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
So far so good, I really want to replace the sheath withthe correct one, I have it,I do not seem to have time to get under the hood.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
In reply to # 3548036 by riley1489 Michael,
You have no idea how many owners you have potentially offended with this post!!! smileys with beer

I love it

B

I know! Imagine using a non-original part!

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3549872 by spikemichael
In reply to # 3548036 by riley1489 Michael,
You have no idea how many owners you have potentially offended with this post!!! smileys with beer
I love it
B
I know! Imagine using a non-original part!

but of course. grinning smiley

B

Check your ego Amigo!

spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
Next visit from Vincent:

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,3550274

Michael J. Caputo

Member Services:
mgformechanic Avatar
mgformechanic John Arrayet
Montreal North, QC, Canada   CAN
Very educational; excellent coaching effort; thank you for your patience. Exciting times to remember!

Be Coming Avatar
Be Coming Kelvin Dodd
So. Calif., USA   USA
Not to belittle the thread, as there are custom applications out there where fabricating your own cables is useful. I make up my own cables for my RHD race car with 45DCOE and also my supercharged Magnette.

But, if you don't happen to have a six year old handy, Moss Motors did listen to comments about the quality of cables on this forum. All of the new Moss accelerator cables for the MGB applications are made using very high quality stainless cables in low friction liners. $10 - $13 gets you a cable that should last a long, long time.

331-451 - 62-74
331-461 - 74 1/2
331-466 - 75-77
331-476 - 77-80

Kelvin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-12 11:01 AM by Be Coming.

petsvob Avatar
petsvob Peter S
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
LOL grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley This is a great post

spikemichael Avatar
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
bump for TD10971 Nelson K

Michael J. Caputo

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster