AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
That's good Hans at least they won't pull through the floor in the event of a very sudden stop. FWIW I replaced my MKl floors back in 1980 with I assume OEM stock. All that's holding my rear bolts on is a spacer similar to that which Bruce shows except it's threaded and it's held on by a metal strap about 3/4" wide and 3" long which has been welded to the floor pan. IDK if that's all the Factory ever provided.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3737677 by Wes 66 MGB Bruce - I was replying to Hans' original question. You must have posted your response just as I was typing mine in. I can understand the confusion if you thought I was saying vice versa to your reply.smiling smiley

No worries, smileys with beer I am easily confused. winking smiley
Perhaps I was being a tad 'overprotective' from erroneous information, it can happen. grinning smiley

B

Check your ego Amigo!

Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
New photos. I bought the MOSS side trim for my '65 with some trepidation after following some of the posts on the subject. Lo and behold, it's working out perfect! I have more to go.

Hans

The Larry Shinoda Collection: 1965 Corvair Monza 140, 1969 L-68 427 Corvette roadster (sold - big bucks!), 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang. new addition 1965 MGB roadster!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0278 (1).jpg    40.5 KB
IMG_0278 (1).jpg

IMG_0279 (1).jpg    22.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
I also was able to change out my turn signal switch today. the original still worked, but the wiring was welded into the T/S housing, out it goes, besides, it was a rusty faded out mess.

Hans

The Larry Shinoda Collection: 1965 Corvair Monza 140, 1969 L-68 427 Corvette roadster (sold - big bucks!), 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang. new addition 1965 MGB roadster!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster