Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
Making progress. You can really see the original Iris Blue in these photos.

Hans

The Larry Shinoda Collection: 1965 Corvair Monza 140, 1969 L-68 427 Corvette roadster (sold - big bucks!), 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang. new addition 1965 MGB roadster!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1392.jpg    58.5 KB
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg    70.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1394.jpg    78.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
Dash comes out next. Have to figure that out!

Hans

The Larry Shinoda Collection: 1965 Corvair Monza 140, 1969 L-68 427 Corvette roadster (sold - big bucks!), 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang. new addition 1965 MGB roadster!

redwoodpecker Woody Reed
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
That original blue looks very good on a Mk1, too. I always like it. Painted a '68 Spitfire that same color years back, looked good on that car, too.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sws615 Avatar
sws615 Stephen Struck
Grand Haven, MI, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT
1975 MG MGB "Commission # G23N124120"
2015 Acura MDX
2015 BMW 535xi
Hans,

Removing the dash isn't that hard. It's all those darn wires that are attached. devil smiley The good news is that you'll know the wiring backwards and forwards when you're done.

Steve

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
You show an extremely CLEAN floor removal result. eye popping smiley difficult to understand the floor pans were rusted out judging by the solid flanges all round!

Have fun

B

Check your ego Amigo!

btriplett Avatar
btriplett Barry Triplett
Walkerton, IN, USA   USA
hey Hans,

Is that your 140A in the hangar? If so, list it with the other motoring goodies.

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
Super cool, another Iris MkI!
140A's are single strut with big flaps and tapered wings, that one doesn't look that way.
Chris...

pmaland2000 Avatar
pmaland2000 Paul Maland
Leduc, AB, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Bea"
150 Texas taildragger?

Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
It's not my 140, maybe soon. You're right about the floors, they were both shot, but the supports are perfect. Rain damage? Anyway, there is no other rust anywhere else. Good to hear about the dash, I don't mind the wires, I plan to rebuild or replace everything. I'm selling a brand new '63 409 cubic inch Chevrolet big block, 425 horse dual quad W motor to finance this project. Can't wait to see that in an Impala.

Hans

seattlejerry Avatar
seattlejerry Silver Member Jerry B
Tacoma, WA, USA   USA
looked like a Cessna 152 to me

Bill Hibberd Avatar
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Hans, nice to see another Iris Blue Mk1. It all looks very familiar, right down to the replaced drivers door. You may discover some collision repair on the left rear quarter, usually goes along with a trashed door. Looks great! Have fun.

Member Services:
COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. The first in a series of limited edition fine art paintings featuring our favorite LBC, the MG. Combining my love of painting with my growing interest in all things MG.
pmaland2000 Avatar
pmaland2000 Paul Maland
Leduc, AB, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Bea"
Hans, the gas savings alone (425 hp 409 dual quad) should fund your project spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Gotta love that iris blue... nice project!

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
Hans,
The jute/horsehair backing on the rubber mats retained moisture very well. My car was garaged for all but 6 mos of it's life and the floors were pretty thin in some areas by the time I got the surface rust off. Some was pretty crusty and deep. I peeled all of the glue, paint and jute off, tossed the mats and ran bare floors with Amco rubber mats for years before I redid the interior. A time bomb from the factory. Much like yours probably, very little structural rust just the floor thing. Looking good, what airport are you on?
Chris...

Wrencher Avatar
Wrencher Hans Abplanalp
Davis, CA, USA   USA
Bill, I have the original door, it has bad damage where they all crack by the vent glass frame, other than that it's good. The door you see on the car (white) is cosmetically better, but all the guts are badly worn. The rest of the car is in amazing shape, never mind about the cheap metallic blue respray. Two small dents in the rear (not from the bumper) and that's it. Also, it has a replacement used LF fender that is in poor condition. I have another that I have replaced the lower section at the spot weld line, I only need to close a forward mirror hole and it's perfect. I'll pull the dash and windshield and install it this weekend.

I was lucky in that I got a whole shed full of used MG parts along with the car, very fortunate. Extra panels, floors, carbs, almost a complete engine in pieces, 3 transmissions, and so forth. A major score.

Hans

Bill Hibberd Avatar
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Wow, Hans that sounds great. I spent the better part of a year just eliminating rust and straightening wrinkles. Good for you, post lots of updates. I look forward to following your progress.

Member Services:
COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. COMING SOON. The first in a series of limited edition fine art paintings featuring our favorite LBC, the MG. Combining my love of painting with my growing interest in all things MG.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster