AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Riff Raff Avatar
Riff Raff Al J
MD, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
I ordered new Plug wires (NGK), rotor and cap, from Rock Auto. $32, cheap insurance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
Agreed.
I'll see what I can do about the air gap adjustment information, I know i have it.

It is as simple as setting the points, easier even. I always try to keep things pristine inside the distributor cap even though I rarely wash my car.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Pre-Order NOW for shipping in early December! Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar or just to talk MGBs!
tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
You want the red rotor from Jeff (Advance Distributors) Many rotors have a rivet in them that will short and many of the black rotors will also short. I had a cap with a resistor in it once. Boy was that hard to find. ( Button was 5K resistance)
NGK wires will be the correct helical core suppression wires as that is what they make.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

Riff Raff Avatar
Riff Raff Al J
MD, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
shoot, I ordered the black one. Moss had the red rotor, as well.
I'll try Jeff @ Advance and keep the black as a spare in the trunk.

In reply to # 3754790 by tvrgeek You want the red rotor from Jeff (Advance Distributors) Many rotors have a rivet in them that will short and many of the black rotors will also short. I had a cap with a resistor in it once. Boy was that hard to find. ( Button was 5K resistance)
NGK wires will be the correct helical core suppression wires as that is what they make.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 MG MGB Limited Edition LE

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links