AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

forestghost07 Avatar
forestghost07 Marco Sinai
FL, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT "Viajero"
1999 Chevrolet Blazer "Works For Gas"
Sat - This weekend I finally got to do a tune up all at once on Sat.

The good: Pulled and cleaned the plugs (they were OK), adjusted the valves SPOT ON this time with a go-no go blade thumbs up smiley, warmed it up, checked the timing, got the HIF's nicely set up.

The bad: I had dropped the 1/2" spanner during the valve adj; it landed smack on top of the starter angry smiley
I gingerly retrieved it without attracting the Prince of Darkness, whew! But ...
When I engaged the starter it stuck on - longest 10 sec of my life ripping the battery cover off and yanking a terminal OMG eye popping smiley eye popping smiley

The dropped wrench somehow pushed 2 wires on the solenoid together; had to spend a 1/2 hr under there carefully separating and taping. That wont happen again (knock on wood)

After that trauma came a great 5 mile test gallop, all was well again smiling smiley

Then a bath and detailing for the Sat nite local car show, which sucked. Poor turnout, mostly Mustangs, temp dropping 10 degrees/ hr and 30 MPH north wind. But finally some humidity relief!

Sun - Buzzed round town doing errands and enjoying the fruits of Sat's labor smiling bouncing smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
kaduku Avatar
kaduku Dakine Bruddah
San Francisco Bay Area, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"
Unlike Marco, I just admired my B sitting in the garage a few times today.

chrisv Avatar
chrisv Silver Member chris vine
Adelaide South Australia, Lyndoch, Australia   AUS
1979 MG MGB
Well not today but last night drove home with my wife from a birthday meal in the Barossa with no top as I had just fitted the tonneau. It was amazing, pitch black with the wind in our hair.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Kirksan Travis K
Homestead, FL, USA   USA
Replaced the steering rack boots and prepped for Monday's commute. Today would be a good day to put that last gasket piece on the convertible top.

JimTuck Avatar
JimTuck Jim Tuck
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
I kicked one of the tires and wiped the seat dry before I drove it.
I kicked a different tire and remembered to put the top up after.

Straatvalk Avatar
Straatvalk Johan van der Merwe
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa   ZAF
Bought my B about 6 months ago and still sorting out cosmetic stuff. Went for a 40 km drive in the rain last night and behold, just one leak on the soft top corner. Not to sure what to do about that. Maybe just park it in the sun the next day!! Will commence with carpet replacement next week.

M5150 Scott Martin
Wimauma, FL, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
This weekend I removed and replaced my master cylinder and bled the brakes. All is good.
Next thing is to replace the thrush washers in the diff.

wicklowwanderer Avatar
wicklowwanderer Silver Member David Steverson
Marietta, GA, USA   USA
Moved it from the garage so I could paint another person's B in order to get some money for mine.
David

speedy Avatar
speedy Michael Terrell
Canby, OR, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "The Little Engine That Tried"
1995 Jeep Wrangler "Little Engine That Could"
2010 Jeep Commander "People Hauler"
Moved it back and turned so I could fit my daily driver in there for much needed repairs... Now I just need to do those repairs.
New drums/shoes
New rotors/pads
New front wheel bearings
Some fresh paint
New heater fan
Wire up the horn
Clean with shop vac
Install rear seat
Sell to teenage punk who thinks MX3's are fast. (Worst in class power)
So the MGB didn't get much action. And won't for a while.
Next thing I'll do to it is move it so I can use my wood shop without completely covering it in dust. Although it is good at pulling moisture out. Mmm.

Well I don't know about the desktop users here but for me on my mobile this is page 13

Insert witty signature here

forestghost07 Avatar
forestghost07 Marco Sinai
FL, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT "Viajero"
1999 Chevrolet Blazer "Works For Gas"
Yesterday (Mon) - nothing ... my MG did for ME hehe thumbs up

Load of groceries late at night. Rafael the 22 lb MGB guard lion offered to help, but his feline A.D.D. kicked in again ...

Today - get my dizzy off to Advanced after 6 weeks of procrastinating.

Attachments:
IMG_1654.JPG    26 KB
IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG    24.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
I figured out where all the cables and hoses go between my engine bay and the back of my dash. I think.

bobmunch Bob M
Ontario, OR, USA   USA
Hey, Marco, who's that ol' varmit in the trunk?

Yesterday, replaced the starter and added a relay in the solenoid circuit from the ignition switch - should hear the old beast crank over and start now!

There are good reasons for adding relays (if you are so inclined) and over the years I have become convinced that taking the combined loads in the factory wiring and breaking them out into their own circuits has done much to improve the efficiency within the OE harness that is left. JMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 12:19 PM by bobmunch.

oldsmith Avatar
oldsmith Michael Smith
Fort Mill, SC, USA   USA
I looked under my car at the growing oil leak and wondered why oh why did I get myself into this and just how far Hap's business is from me?

Retro Fit Avatar
Retro Fit Tony Zito
Los Angeles, USA   USA
Sunday my Nephew and I scoured Pick-a-part for bits for the GT and a 5 speed for his 500hp 1969 Camero. Walked around for 4 hours to no avail. There wasn't one KA24E that hadn't been picked clean. No Fiero seats. No Miata seats..... and no trannys (thank God). It was fun hanging out though. The junk yard is fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 12:41 PM by Retro Fit.

M5150 Scott Martin
Wimauma, FL, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
Today, I replaced my thrust washers and cleaned everything up under there.
The job wasn't to bad and I learned alot.

Don't those washers look pretty?

What next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 01:32 PM by M5150.

Attachments:
Diff 3.jpg    31.3 KB
Diff 3.jpg

Diff 2.jpg    43.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster