AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mano864 Avatar
Mano864 George H
Rowville, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1972 MG MGB MkII "Sam (Samantha)"
Kimberly Rae

Oh the pain the pain......
At least the damage doesn't look too bad a repair..

George

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
kimmie Avatar
kimmie Kimberly Rae
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1970 MG MGB MkIII "The G"
2002 Peugeot 206 "The Frog"
Thank you, George. I'll know the truth in a day or too, I will be pleased to replace that wing, anyway - it has a rust issue, and Shannons are good to deal with.

It's not a car...It's an Adventure! (apologies to Casey Ryback)

kimmie Avatar
kimmie Kimberly Rae
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1970 MG MGB MkIII "The G"
2002 Peugeot 206 "The Frog"
Thank you, George. I'll know the truth in a day or two, I will be pleased to replace that wing, anyway - it has a rust issue, and Shannons are good to deal with.

It's not a car...It's an Adventure! (apologies to Casey Ryback)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Chriswatts Avatar
Chriswatts Silver Member Chris Watts
WISBECH, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1975 MG MGB "JMMY"
Over the last couple of days I finally got round to fitting my Lowering Kit I bought last year soon after I purchased JMMY. Fronts went fine, onto the rear and thinking I had everything supported with Jack stands and a couple of Jacks, I removed the last of 4 nuts then....twang. Caught my left hand thumb but only bruised. Spare set of wheels fitted, everything good cool smiley

Attachments:
906.jpg    45 KB
906.jpg

905.jpg    30.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
901.jpg    55.8 KB
900.jpg    61.8 KB
899.jpg    58 KB
Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
At last I heeded the repeated advice to mount NGK BP6ES (copper core) sparkplugs, instead of the no longer easily available Champion N9YCC ones (double copper core).
Worked fine with the present high ambient temps of 24C, thursday will see me start on 10 degrees C lower temps again. I am curious. Maybe they resemble N9YC ones on lower temps?

PS I still have two sets of slightly used N9YCC and one set of resistor type Champion RN9YCC, bought via Finland no less.
One set of Champions without and one with resistor inside will accompany me on vacation,"just in case" cool smiley

darkleaf Avatar
darkleaf Gold Member Leif Jacobsen
Goleta, CA, USA   USA
New wheels and tires on the GT. Wheels are 15" anthracite, tires are Michelin Defender 195/60-15.

Mano864 Avatar
Mano864 George H
Rowville, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1972 MG MGB MkII "Sam (Samantha)"
Hopefully the rust issue Kimberly doesn't go beyond the front wing.. and yes Shannons are supper easy to deal with.. money well spent..

Toxic111 Avatar
Toxic111 Kevin J
Lloydminster, SK, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB "The Pumpkin Mobile"
Used the MG the last couple days to go to work and some running around... Today pulled the rad to send it to the shop tomorrow to fix a couple leaks...

**1971 MGB Chrome Bumper, OD** - Its a project at the moment.

74Bbrg Avatar
74Bbrg Hugh Dyar
Carmel, IN, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Emmy"
Picked her up after her 1st oil change and inspection since I acquired from PO. She loves it! No ugly surprises underneath or under the hood. Summer awaits.

Attachments:
MG_375.JPG    74.9 KB
MG_375.JPG

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Gold Member Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, NJ, USA   USA
Nice color.

In reply to # 3737361 by 74Bbrg Picked her up after her 1st oil change and inspection since I acquired from PO. She loves it! No ugly surprises underneath or under the hood. Summer awaits.

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

ymg1969 Avatar
ymg1969 Craig P
Severance, CO, USA   USA
Looks like you found a beauty, enjoy it this summer!

'69 MGB
'77 Porsche 911S

Toxic111 Avatar
Toxic111 Kevin J
Lloydminster, SK, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB "The Pumpkin Mobile"
dropped the radiator off at the shop to get repaired, found out the core is shot.. $400 to re-core.. nope... Went to the moss sight, found out they are on sale.. ordered a new aluminum rad.. now just have to wait for it to get here...

**1971 MGB Chrome Bumper, OD** - Its a project at the moment.

1987FXRP Avatar
1987FXRP Silver Member Jim Graves
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB "Jesse"
It looked like about time to replace the rebound straps. Very easy job this morning. Nothing was seized up. In fact one top bolt was not even finger tight. I did find a mystery wire that was not attached to anything and is close to the fuel pump. It is black, so I am assuming that it went to the original fuel pump as ground. The pump was replaced with an ecco.

Attachments:
IMG_1276.JPG    48.8 KB
IMG_1276.JPG

ProfGriff Phil Griffin
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada   CAN
1972 MG MGB GT "Tangerine"
I pulled the entire front suspension and brakes off my 72 GT. It came apart remarkably easily. The kingpins and hubs look great, so I will leave them alone. I'm replacing all the bushings with poly, installing new wheel bearings, sway bar drop links, tie rod ends, calipers, flex lines, rotors, and all hardware. It already has rebuilt front shocks. Now, I'm sandblasting the a-arms, springs, brake shields, and sway bar to prep for paint. I also have a new crossmember to go in, but that's a job for tomorrow.
I think it's time for a beer! smileys with beer

Cheers!

Phil

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Congrats, the bottom bolts on the axle are normally seized solid and the bolt breaks off under excessive force (I used a grinder to cut the nuts sideways for easier removal to escape this fate)
Hopefully you mounted "strapping lad" rebound straps, the ones from MOSS were proudly presented as as strong as the originals, but overstretched anyway. I've still have them lying around thumbs down

Indeed black is the wire code for ground and so was originally connected to the spade on the body of the points style SU pump (the pump is isolated from its bracket by the rubber ring)

My own job yesterday was the renewal of the rubber seals on the kingpin bottom and its bolt and bush between the swivel arms (AAA1323). Looks better now, but the job's origin, the MoT rejection on the damaged old ones is debatable: in "greased for life" parts seals are vital, regularly greased parts like our kingpin assemblies may probably just as well loose them (which they often do).......

In reply to # 3737861 by 1987FXRP It looked like about time to replace the rebound straps. Very easy job this morning. Nothing was seized up. In fact one top bolt was not even finger tight. I did find a mystery wire that was not attached to anything and is close to the fuel pump. It is black, so I am assuming that it went to the original fuel pump as ground. The pump was replaced with an ecco.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 02:32 AM by Donthuis.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster