AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ReggieB Avatar
ReggieB Gold Member Reg Beckett
Carstairs, AB, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB "GGB"
I'm so glad I got a short run in yesterday. I've got shoulder surgery tomorrow morning so zero driving for 6 weeks.I'm hoping my wife Jane will take us out for a couple runs in the B while I'm laid up.
I'm not impressed with this snow yet again.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jwpotts Avatar
Jwpotts James Potts
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
By this time of year, nobody likes the snow. Hope you can still get in and out of the car with bad shoulder.

ourmg Avatar
ourmg Silver Member George Heissenberger
Victor, NY, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Parts"
1973 MG MGB MkIII "OUR MG- The Old Girl"
2006 Mini Cooper "Greta's Mini"
2014 BMW MINI Countryman "Maxi"
Snowing again right now in upstate New York. We missed a major ice storm this past weekend but I was supposed to be doing laps of Watkins Glen with the Mini group on Sunday. Bah Humbug to Winter. They don't salt race tracks.

"OUR MG" Glacier White 1973 MGB, owned since 1983. Factory hardtop. Member MG Car Club Western New York Centre
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
earlspoint Richard Earls
OAK HARBOR, WA, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Pulled the heater, tore it down blasted and power coated all parts. Tomorrow I will re-assemble and install.

Vietnam Vet 1969-1973

mdubash Avatar
mdubash Silver Member Manek Dubash
Lewes, East Sussex, UK   GBR
1968 MG MGB "Odysseus"
It was muddy due to driving across a field after days of rain. So I cleaned it. Then polished it, and waxed it. Three hours later, the car looked amazing!

- If duct tape doesn't fix it - you haven't used enough duct tape

Toxic111 Avatar
Toxic111 Kevin J
Lloydminster, SK, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB "The Pumpkin Mobile"
Started the pumpkin up & took it for a short spin.... felt great to get it out... will be heading for a little paint this week.

**1971 MGB Chrome Bumper, OD** - Its a project at the moment.

oldredsel Avatar
oldredsel Silver Member Rick Crosby
South Dartmouth, MA, USA   USA
1959 Edsel Villager "OLD Red EDSEL"
1969 MG MGB GT "Emma"
1980 MG MGB "Hole-y Roller"
2003 Chevrolet S10 "The S10"    & more
Well, not my MGB, but I did clean up the gearbox cross member and install new gearbox mounts, restraint rod buffers, and butterfly bracket bushes on a customer's car.

Cheers,

Rick

If I could get all the money back I ever spent on cars. . . I'd spend it on cars. - Nick Mason (Pink Floyd)

The journey is the destination.

Attachments:
001.jpg    40 KB
001.jpg

Ron1947 Avatar
Ron1947 Ron Gittings
Ludlow, Shropshire, UK   GBR
Yesterday was the first real day of Spring and local temperatures reached a highly unseasonal 23degrees. Went for a great drive around the Malvern Hills. Stopped for a coffee and was approached by an elderly gentlemen who was attracted to the 'B'. Turned out he raced MGAs for over 20 years in his youth and told us all about his cars, past and present. He was a great character. It's just amazing who you come across when driving an MG!

midge488 Avatar
midge488 Marc Meccia
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1960 Morris Minor 1000 Tourer "Momo"
1965 MG MGB "Bea"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 "Mo"
1974 MG Midget "Midge"    & more
with an unseasonably warm day, I started her up and realized that the accelerator cable had come off the pedal. I fixed that and made a new shift boot that the chipmunks seemed to have dined on.

Attachments:
IMG_0566.jpg    51.5 KB
IMG_0566.jpg

Toxic111 Avatar
Toxic111 Kevin J
Lloydminster, SK, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB "The Pumpkin Mobile"
Had to bring my wife to pick up her Highlander from getting a new windshield... so I took the pumpkin to do so, now its sitting out front of my office looking pretty. This evening it gets dropped off for a little paint work.

**1971 MGB Chrome Bumper, OD** - Its a project at the moment.

oldredsel Avatar
oldredsel Silver Member Rick Crosby
South Dartmouth, MA, USA   USA
1959 Edsel Villager "OLD Red EDSEL"
1969 MG MGB GT "Emma"
1980 MG MGB "Hole-y Roller"
2003 Chevrolet S10 "The S10"    & more
A sunny spring day, so. . . I drove it to work! cool smiley (pic 1)

Also dealt with a customer's MGB that had a clutch issue. Hmmm. . . I think I see the problem! winking smiley (pic 2)

All fixed! smileys with beer (pic 3)

Cheers,

Rick

If I could get all the money back I ever spent on cars. . . I'd spend it on cars. - Nick Mason (Pink Floyd)

The journey is the destination.

Attachments:
WorkDay 001.jpg    64.6 KB
WorkDay 001.jpg

WorkDay 004.jpg    48.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
WorkDay 006.jpg    56.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
joron Avatar
joron Silver Member Michel Joron
Roxboro, QC, Canada   CAN
1977 MG MGB "Victoria"
Top down first run to the Canadian Tire, I need an oil drain washer. I changed the oil, filter this morning, probably time to go to an ice cream later this afternoon.

1977 MGB Red 'Victoria'
All Classics:
Married, 2 children, 2 dogs, MG MGB May to December.

1987FXRP Avatar
1987FXRP Silver Member Jim Graves
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB "Jesse"
I am changing my speedo cable in my 1976 MGB because the speedo reads fast and it jumps and squeaks. I am also removing the service counter since it has never worked. When I got the upper old one out I could not turn it by hand! Anyway, the reason for this post is that I was looking at some old posts about replacing the cable and one mentioned replacing the bulbs with higher wattage ones. Does anyone know what wattage Moss sells. Their catalog does not say. Can I find them at an auto parts store? If I remember correctly, the post suggested going from 2 watts to 4 watts. Any ideas here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 03:26 PM by 1987FXRP.

Jwpotts Avatar
Jwpotts James Potts
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
I just replaced my cable in 1970 B, fairly easy but recommend getting cable about 4 to 6” longer and not use the transmission angle drive. You will still need angle drive behind the speedo. Friends told me to pull cable out of shield and grease up with fine cable oil or graphite oil. I used a cable oil from the Harley Davison store, $10. As far as lights go, switch to LED’s. Lots of discussion in forum about dash lights. If your really ambitious re-paint the inside of instrument cans beforehand. Note the white and light blue combination. The blue has a nice effect.

mikewsmith2 Avatar
mikewsmith2 Mike Smith
POOLE, Dorset, UK   GBR
1978 MG MGB
1981 Triumph TR7 "TR"
2000 Mazda MX-5
Beautiful weather here on the south coast of England. Had to shift my boat today to extricate my MGB from the garage for the first run of 2018. Short trip to fill up with Shell V Power and a dose of Sea Foam. Seems to be running well this year . Quick wash and a coat of polish before the the thunderstorms arrived. Club run to a hog roast at a micro brewery tomorrow. Hope we get back before the April showers start again.
http://www.sixpennybrewery.co.uk/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster