I've got the car running, shifting, braking, driving, etc. Doing everything it was meant to do. I used the adapters from Creative Spridgets to put rear disc brakes on her. I will be completely redoing the wiring - up to a more modern standard. This is what I do for a living anyways (automotive electrical engineer). I think the guys at work would never let me live it down if I had Lucas system in there. I know they may not be as bad as their reputation, but this car needed so much work anyways. This was one thing I knew that I could replace and feel 100% confident that it's not going to need regular attention.
Recently swapped out the old generator for a 1-wire alternator. The big job I was worried about was replacing the passenger side A-Arm. I pulled a replacement that was in good shape from one that was being scrapped. Mine was cracked all the way through. Pulling the donor arm took a couple hours in 100+ degree weather. I had been putting this job off for a long time. I had some help this past Friday, and we tackled this job. It only took approximately 30 minutes. I don't know if my old car was just ready for the new parts, but it didn't fight me at all during this job.
Now the car is at my uncle's shop with a couple quarts of urethane primer that I have purchased. Once the rear passenger fender is replaced, it will be ready for priming.